cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send or receive calls.

alicherise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When trying to call out an automated voice says my daughter does not have long distance. When trying to call my daughter it goes directly to voicemail. Help!!!

She has unlimited Canada wide calling and international texting. Paid on October 16, 2019. $40.00

10 REPLIES 10

@alicherise wrote:

It is a Moto G6. Was working fine for months now it's not🤷🏻‍♀️

@alicherise  Verify that the correct plan is showing on the selfserve account.

Make sure that in the network settings the network is NOT set to LTE only. It should be set to auto/umts/lte or similar.

alicherise

It is a Moto G6. Was working fine for months now it's not🤷🏻‍♀️

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@alicherise  What type of device is it? Is it possible that it's missing the 3g bsnds? Is data working?

alicherise

Thank you. I have emailed the moderators. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@GR wrote:

@alicherise  if you put a 1 before the number you call would the call go thru? 

In cases in which a customer cannot dial out but hear a message about needing a long distance add-on or a plan not including talk, dialing a 1 before the area code doesn't fix that. Dialing the 1 only bypasses that message the alerts the user that there could be long distance charges. Telus and all Telus cellular service brands do not require customers to dial that 1 to call Canadian and U.S. phone numbers even if the call is long distance.

@alicherise I sense that this is an account specific issues, one which may only be fixable by the moderators.

@GR wrote:

In cases in which a customer cannot dial out but hear a message about needing a long distance add-on or a plan not including talk, dialing a 1 before the area code doesn't fix that. Dialing the 1 only bypasses that message the alerts the user that there could be long distance charges. Telus and all Telus cellular service brands do not require customers to dial that 1 to call Canadian and U.S. phone numbers even if the call is long distance.

@alicherise I sense that this is an account specific issues, one which may only be fixable by the moderators.

alicherise

It doesn't work to place a 1. I will try the other idea. Thanks. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@alicherise if that doesn't work you can try the lost/stolen phone trick. Log in to her account and click on lost/stolen and log out. Then in 5 minutes log back in and click on found and then restart the phone and if that doesn't work you'll need help from the moderators. Click here to start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get a ticket and the moderators will get back to you usually within 48 hours but hopefully sooner to help you out! 

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

alicherise

I did. It shows it is active and her SMS works. 

@GR wrote:

@alicherise can you log in to her account to see if it says active on the account?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@alicherise can you log in to her account to see if it says active on the account?

Need Help? Let's chat.