cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive text messages

Robbiesmail
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This afternoon  I haven't been able to recieve any text messages on my phone. I can send them just fine and they show up on the recipients phone. iMessage works fine as well.

have restarted my phone a couple times and turned on airplane mode and turned it off.

any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

@Nezgar wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Robbiesmail yes, this is your issue for sure.  Before you do what @LovesToPM suggested, try a reboot of your phone first and have someone send you a test text. 

I wonder if sending yourself a text would also be a sufficient test...

In the case of the U.S. roaming/incoming text message bug, I would say that sending one to yourself would be sufficient. This is after expiry of such add-on all incoming text messaging stops working.

Sending a message to yourself would not be a good test to see if number porting has completed. This is because text messages from Telus, Koodo, and Public users get delivered even if the port isn't complete.

@srlawren wrote:

@Robbiesmail yes, this is your issue for sure.  Before you do what @LovesToPM suggested, try a reboot of your phone first and have someone send you a test text. 

I wonder if sending yourself a text would also be a sufficient test...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Robbiesmail 

Just in case the issue doesn't resolve itself within 24 hours, you can write to Moderators to fix the texting issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Robbiesmail 

Just in case the issue doesn't resolve itself within 24 hours, you can write to Moderators to fix the texting issue.

To submit a ticket: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

Robbiesmail
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That must be it. My US text add on just expired today.

thanks!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Robbiesmail wrote:

This afternoon  I haven't been able to recieve any text messages on my phone. I can send them just fine and they show up on the recipients phone. iMessage works fine as well.

have restarted my phone a couple times and turned on airplane mode and turned it off.

any suggestions?

Are you a new customer to PM?  Did you recently port your number over it could be a porting issue.  Have you recently been to the US and purchased the US roaming add-on?  There is a known bug where on the expiry of the US roaming add-on you lose the ability to receive texts for 24 hours.  So if you can answer these questions we might be able to help out a bit more.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Robbiesmail wrote:

any suggestions?

Try adding $1 to your account to trigger PM server to provision your account again

Need Help? Let's chat.