cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive or make phone calls, but can still text

Maestro546
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

So I just flew back into Canada from Peru for the past two weeks. When I came in and put my SIM card back in it took me a while for texts to work again, but I still cannot make or receive phonecalls. Whenever I make a call it instantly drops the call and incoming calls go straight to my voicemail. Data and texting still function normally.

Thanks for any help you can provide! 

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Maestro546, if there is a network reset feature on your phone, do the reset.  If not, go to mobile networks and make sure that the phone is auto connecting to Public Mobile.  You may have done a manual network connection overseas. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Maestro546  Sometimes when you get back from abroad if you used a local sim card in Peru your contacts get affected. Try calling by dialing a number directly using +1 in front of the number of it works modify your contacts settings accordingly.

@Maestro546 wrote:

No dice on that. I tried that last night, sorry I should have mentioned that. Thank you though.

@Maestro546   Are you on a limited minutes plan and you may have alread exhausted your minutes?

If not try couple of things, first try adding couple of dollars to your account and restarting your phone.

Another thing to try is the lost/stolen trick.  Log into your account and select plans/add-ons tab, select found lost and suspend service.  Log out, wait several mins and log back in and report phone found and resume service and restart your phone.

Maestro546
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No dice on that. I tried that last night, sorry I should have mentioned that. Thank you though.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try cycling phone off/on to see if that helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.