cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make some local calls

Didar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Im unable to make some local calls example the ones beginning with 226337 . I get a message saying that i dont have a long distance add on when in fact it is a local number. I have a province wide calling plan
6 REPLIES 6

Before everyone starts messaging the mods, some phones calls are really long distance calls, so you will need to dial a 1 or +1 in front of the 10 digit number to complete the call without having the message played.

A call from Kitchener Ontario to Toronto Ontario is a long distance call, however it is covered at no additional cost on PM's Province wide calling package.  However just dialing 10 digits will get the "please stay on the line while your call is connected... Long distance charges may apply."

To stop that message dial +1416xxxyyyy, and that message will not play.

Conversly, if you're in Toronto, calling from a Kitchener phone number, to a Toronto number, the 10-digit only call will complete normally.

Even within the same area code (eg Kitchener to Brantford), whether the area code is 519, 226, or whatever the new southern Ontario area code is, a call from Kitchener to Brantford is considered long distance.

***NOTE****  Any newish (ie last 3-6 months) new exchanges in existing and new area codes are having this problem, but not because they are long distance, but rather PM's allowed calling destinations listings are not yet up-to-date.  Example, I had a call to make too 226-227, from my 226-922 number, and they are both 'Brantford' local calling area.

I hope this helps everyone understand the LD may apply message.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Send the mods a private message so they can put the temporary fix on your account

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with you account.
    • They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]
    • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
    • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
    • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator

jonnyw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same here - I have ontario povince plan and cant call any other no. besides 613 area code. like 647/416 which are ontario codes

cec69
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same problem but with a 226 area code in Ontario.  I solved the problem by changing my number to a 519 area code number which services the same area. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Didar

Thank you for letting us know.

This is a known issue and we will have to submit a ticket to our technical department for a permanent fix. 

Please send me your phone number via private message; I'll also put in place a temporary fix to allow you to make local calls.

Cheers!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Looks like you have a similar issue as posted here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-call-647-958-xxxx-it-said-I-don-t-ha...

You will need help form staff member. 

@Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.