cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make/receive call or use data

garymcg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Renewed plan, $50 for unlimited talk text and 8.5 GB data. Cannot make/receive phone calls or use data. Can only text locally. Cannot text internationally anymore. Any solutions? Bought SIM card in June and started plan at the same time. First renewal on Jul19 and has not worked since.

30 REPLIES 30

I've merged multiple message posts and threads together into one to help keep things organized.  Hopefully, this will help people be able to more easily provide suitable answers and for @garymcg to find them.

@garymcg hi what plan are you on did you just renew?

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@garymcg wrote:

I have the same problem. How did you resolve your issues? Public Mobiles failed to get back to me. Thanks Gary

Just FYI, this thread is from nearly a year ago, so you might want to start your own thread so the community can better assist you.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@garymcg wrote:

Thought someone could help to answer this:

I renewed my plan on Jul 19 $50 for call text and data. I have not been able to make or receive phone calls, unable to use data, and unable to make or receive non-local texts.

Sent three messages to moderator at Public Mobile, but so far have not received any message, and phone remains unusable.

Do you know if there is a phone number to call to get help? Thanks Gary

There is no mobile number to call - PM doesn't offer live support. All you can do is contact the moderator team via the private messages. Though the website states that response times can take up to 48 hours based on the volume of issues they are facing, it seems the wait time may be even longer at the moment, based on some other posts I've been reading in the community forums.

garymcg

I have the same problem. How did you resolve your issues? Public Mobiles failed to get back to me. Thanks Gary

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@garymcg wrote:

I renewed my plan on Jul 19 $50 for call text and data. I have not been able to make or receive phone calls, unable to use data, and unable to make or receive non-local texts.

Sent three messages to moderator at Public Mobile, but so far have not received any message, and phone remains unusable.

Make a separate thread for your issue, also mods take a day or two to reply, give them time to respond to you, good luck 🙂

garymcg

garymcg

Sent message to moderator yesterday. Nothing works except local texting at the time being.

Hope they can fix this.

@garymcgYou mentioned your renewal was yesterday.. I assume right now on your overview page everything is dandy?

If your page is fine.. have you tried the Lost Stolen / Found trick?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@garymcg wrote:

Phone setting same as before.. Location of the phone has not changed either. Not roaming at the present, i.e. I did not travel to another city or province. Weird problem I know

This was a thread about not being able to use services while roaming.

I think I've been seeing your problem a bit in the last day-ish.

You should get in line with the @Moderator_Team < Click this.

garymcg

Never included the +1 in  front of the number prior to yesterday and Canada calls worked just fine

garymcg

Phone setting same as before.. Location of the phone has not changed either. Not roaming at the present, i.e. I did not travel to another city or province. Weird problem I know

Anonymous
Not applicable

@garymcg wrote:

Weird right? Can send receive local text but cannot send/receive international text which is included in the plan.

Are you adding 011 or + in front of the country code etc? For outside of North America.

Your other post:  are you including the 1 in front of the number?

garymcg

My active plan includes 8gb. Plan renewed yesterday, and none of that data is accessible yet

garymcg

Same here, all active, plan paid for, but the only thing that works is local texting

garymcg

Weird right? Can send receive local text but cannot send/receive international text which is included in the plan.

garymcg

611 works. But cannot make local/Canada calls. Cannot receive calls either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DMS71 wrote:

I added another 250mb and it has not worked at all. Show active and 0 used. 

Maybe post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Is your base plan for home active?

If you've purchaed the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on within the last 10 days and it's not working. You've tried the cycle phone off/on. Sometimes you have to maually select AT&T or T mobile service.

DMS71

I added another 250mb and it has not worked at all. Show active and 0 used. 

DMS71

Roaming is on

DMS71

Correct. Stopped working. No text,data, talk.

Make sure that Roaming is enabled on your phone.

@DMS71Does the add on appear in your profile? 250Mb (it is not Gig) goes in an instant, could you have had exhausted the data bucket already?

@DMS71 wrote:

Similar. Added US roaming ul tasks and text, 250 gig of data and only talk works?any ideas why? 

Confirmed all active however not working? 

So you're currently in US and the 10 Day US Roaming add-on isn't working...correct ?

DMS71

I  am out of country and rely on this service plan to work!

DMS71

Similar. Added US roaming ul tasks and text, 250 gig of data and only talk works?any ideas why? 

Confirmed all active however not working? 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@garymcg wrote:

Renewed plan, $50 for unlimited talk text and 8.5 GB data. Cannot make/receive phone calls or use data. Can only text locally. Cannot text internationally anymore. Any solutions? Bought SIM card in June and started plan at the same time. First renewal on Jul19 and has not worked since.

@garymcg What happens when you dial 611 on your phone?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@garymcg  hi if all you can do is text I would contact a moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you can text locally...you should be able to text anywhere.

Need Help? Let's chat.