cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make out of province call

Rajendra1014
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have a $25 plan which should allow my to make calls to other province. I tried doing so by and a message says I do not have an active long distance addon. Need some clarity.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

yiruiruan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you sign up for the wrong plan? A.K.A province one instead of canada wide. If so, switch your plan is one option. Another option is to purchase the talk add ons, it is fairly cheap but it is better off switching the plan before it goes back to $30 for the Xanada wide one.

@Rajendra1014 

If you have the Canada wide calling plan....can you make any outgoing calls? If not....

This is a glitch that happens sometimes but try a few things to see if you can clear it up on your own.

1. Make sure you put a (1) in front of the number.
  2. Allow the entire message to play and see if it connects afterwards.
  3. Reboot your phone and try again.
  4. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  5. Power off your phone. Remove your sim. Wait 10min. Reinsert your sim. Try to make a call.
  6. Call 611. Do you get the same message?

If all of these fail to fix the problem wait a couple of hours and try again. If the issue persists then an account reset or reprovisioning your sim card will need to be done by the moderators.

To contact the moderators click on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type in "account specific issue" followed by "I need a human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. 

Wait times are normally 2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Current wait times are averaging 2 hours during moderator service hours. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Rajendra1014 

Try adding +1 in front of full 10-digit number.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Rajendra1014 

When did you activate your plan?  There are two versions of $25 plan, one with province wide and other canada wide calling.  You can check your self service account, in overview page, under plan details.  

If you are on the Canada wide calling plan, does your text and data work fine?  Maybe try rebooting your phone.  Network reset of phone.  

Need Help? Let's chat.