cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make calls but can text? No sound when receive or send phone call?

eholmes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iPhone 7, and have nationwide calling with my plan and have been with PM for about 4 years now and haven't had any issues. But all of a sudden I cannot hear anything when answering or making phone calls? There is no sound of ringing or the other person's voice? I had my iPhone checked and they said it has to do with my server? I have tried turning my phone on and off, taking the SIM card out and back in, and resetting my network settings. Yet, it still is not working? I need help because I cannot call or answer phone calls. 

10 REPLIES 10

https://9to5mac.com/2018/05/04/iphone-7-mic-failure-ios-11-3/

https://recy-cell.ca/en/buy/iphone-se-16gb-black-unlocked-7-10-2/

@eholmes 

This is most likely a phone issue....when you recieve a call can the caller hear you? Or does the call get answered but there's no sound? If you can't hear them it's not just a microphone issue or something else altogether....what about any sound sjnce it doesn't ring. Can you play music or video with sound? I don't know if phones have sound cards but whatever operates ghat part of your phone is.....broken?!! It's probably time for a new phone or a new used phone. You can try this cell phone recycling company but they seem to be a victim of their own success.......

Edit: Did you just do an update? I retract the above answer if you have as this is a known issue with the iPhone 7....that apple denied for quite awhile....read more above.... *

s8quach
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there!

I highly recommend taking a few steps to deduce whether this is a hardware or service-related issue. You should try making a call to someone with an app that isn't your actual phone dialer (eg. Skype, Messenger, FaceTime) just to test and make sure that your microphone is working. You can even use your voice recorder. If you have another phone handy (or you can borrow a friend's), you can also try testing the SIM in their phone, and even test their SIM in your phone to make sure of whether or not the phone or potentially your service is the issue. 

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@eholmes ,

Now that I think about it, it is probably a phone issue.

Eliza5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It sounds like whoever did the assessment is finger pointing.  If there was a "server" issue, texting would not be possible.  I don't know why moderator team involvement is suggested.  They cannot repair what appears to be a phone related problem.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Eliza5

@eholmes ,

Looks like you have done all the right things.  If it is still not working.  You will need to contact a moderator.

Just click on the question mark on the bottom right hand corner and follow the prompts.

Eliza5

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@eholmes wrote:

I have an iPhone 7, and have nationwide calling with my plan and have been with PM for about 4 years now and haven't had any issues. But all of a sudden I cannot hear anything when answering or making phone calls? There is no sound of ringing or the other person's voice? I had my iPhone checked and they said it has to do with my server? I have tried turning my phone on and off, taking the SIM card out and back in, and resetting my network settings. Yet, it still is not working? I need help because I cannot call or answer phone calls. 

Turn OFF the Bluetooth switch...see if that has a positive affect / effect.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@eholmes check to see if "do not disturb" is enabled and your ring/silent switch on the side of your phone is set to ring

if you just did a software update that could've also caused the issue. 

tabi159w

Try putting your SIM into another phone and putting a working SIM into your current phone to eliminate if it's a phone or SIM issue. I also highly recommend contacting a Moderator here as you've already done most of the typical troubleshooting steps.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@eholmes wrote:

@eholmes hi do you have another phone to put your sim in to check if it is a phone issue?to speak to a moderator click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator response time is 2 to 48 hours check envelope top right corner for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.