cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot do Outgoing calls and sms with $15 plan

divya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not able to make any outgoing calls and sms

it says "you don't have activeto long distance call and this call is not covered in your plan. Dial *611 to get this add on"

For sms, I can send the sms but those are not being delivered to others. I don't get any notification/error while sending it.

I have a $15 plan which says unlimited text and 100 minutes canada wide talk then why I am not able to call to even 902210 i.e. local calls

• 100 MINUTES Canada-wide talk
  • UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging
  • UNLIMITED Incoming calls
  • + BONUS 250 MB Data⁴ at 3G speed with AutoPay

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

12 REPLIES 12

divya

Its a new activation plan which is ported from other carrier. But it has been a week since its activated and still not able to make calls/sms. thats wierd. 

However my incoming works fine.

@divyaVoice and SMS rely on the same system. That's why I asked whether it is a new activation or plan? Has it be working fine before? If it is a new activation it might be something wrong with the plan provisioning in that case you will need to contact the moderators.. so it depends on your answer.

divya

and what about sms? Why my sms are not getting receievd ?

@missorange @divya had posted her profile and it shows she has 100 minutes that are not used so she is not out of minutes.

@divya wrote:

@missorange how to check if I am out of minutes?

If looks like you are not out of minutes as you have used 0 out of 100.  When the minutes run out, you will not see 100/100 but instead that line item disappears.  To whoever wrote the software, the line of thinking is that when something is used up, it no longer exists, so remove it.  The alternate thinking is there should be a place holder to show that all of what was allotted has been used.  We can debate this logic forever but it is not going to change the fact that the system is wired this way.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@divya wrote:

Do you mean this? I can see this below on my front page

• My Data & Add-Ons
    If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    0  /  100 MIN
    250 MB at 3G speed
    0  /  250 MB

You are not out of minutes.

Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan feature again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@divya you just log in the self account, normally you will see #mins/100, data, etc. If you cannot find the line for the mins, you are out of mins, then you can purchase the add on for $5 for 500 mins.

@divyaIf you have those line items that means you have the minutes. Is this a new account? or did you change plans recently?

divya

@missorange how to check if I am out of minutes?

divya

Do you mean this? I can see this below on my front page

• My Data & Add-Ons
    If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    0  /  100 MIN
    250 MB at 3G speed
    0  /  250 MB

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you may run out the mins.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@divyaSince eveyone here are just normal Public Mobile users and don't have access to your account particulars.. can you log into your selfserve and see if the front page as a line item for the 100 minutes? If not, that means you are out of minutes and will need to purchase an add on or upgrade your plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.