cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call to a GTA number

Gimli
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i have 647 and 416 public mobile numbers.

I cannot call a 647 rate center number... saying i dont have long distance...  not making any sense

22 REPLIES 22

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Gimli  Glad to hear it's working! Hmm how did you get your $40 12gb ?freedom promo plan?

Gimli

Issue was resolved after 2nd attempt

Gimli

PM attempted 2 updates from the back end.

Nothing to do with the phones at all.

It was a back end issue for sure.

@BEER wrote:

@Gimli wrote:

I cannot call a 647 rate center number... saying i dont have long distance...  not making any sense

This also happens to me even though I have tons of long distance minutes. On occassion it also happens while attempting to dial local numbers.  When this happens to me I just reboot my phone and re-dial. This frequent occurring annoying problem could possibly in an emergency situation become a serious problem.

Though it's not the fault of customers, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have a backup plan such as Hangouts Dailer that can dial regular phone numbers using a data connection.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gimli wrote:

Twice

Your lucky that so far it only happened twice to you.

BEER

@will13am wrote:

Sounds like account provisioning issue.  This problem hasn't been brought up in a long while.  Account reset will fix it.  

This un-resolved problem continuous to  happen all the time - perhaps others like myself have stopped complaining and just learned to live with it.

BEER

@Gimli wrote:

This also happens to me even though I have tons of long distance minutes. On occassion it also happens while attempting to dial local numbers.  When this happens to me I just reboot my phone and re-dial. This frequent occurring annoying problem could possibly in an emergency situation become a serious problem.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sounds like account provisioning issue.  This problem hasn't been brought up in a long while.  Account reset will fix it.  

@Gimli  Ok, be patient they will respond soon.

Gimli

I will tell you though...I can call it from my copper home phone...( Via bell POTS) without long distance...so its def. a Telus/PM problem

@geopublic wrote:

@@

@Gimli  They will soon. Just keep checking the envelope icon top right of your screen for a reply via private message.

You did reply back to them via private message that you verified your account right?

Gimli

Pretty confident this is a routing/rate centre issue.

Only in Canada though...everywhere else in the world Nationwide is typically the norm

Gimli

Twice

@Gimli wrote:

Already have.  Asked me to verify.  I did via the link...and they they never answered

@Gimli  They will soon. Just keep checking the envelope icon top right of your screen for a reply via private message.

You did reply back to them via private message that you verified your account right?

Gimli

Already have.  Asked me to verify.  I did via the link...and they they never answered

@Gimli wrote:

Neither works.

Trying to call my niece in Cambridge from my phone or my wife's.

Call just hangs up after the FU message.

It is not the " please stay in the line...long distance may apply " normal messege

@Gimli  Contact the moderators and ask them to reset your account.

@Gimli wrote:

Nope 4 years now

$ 40 12 gb freedom mobile promo plan

Please try restarting your phone(s)

and try making $1 payment to your accounts to possibly reprovision it.

If problem persists, you'll need to contact Moderators.

To submit a ticket: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

Gimli

Nope 4 years now

$ 40 12 gb freedom mobile promo plan

@Gimli wrote:

Neither works.

It is not the " please stay in the line...long distance may apply " normal messege

Have you tried restarting your phone(s)?

Were both phone lines recently activated? Were calls working previously?

Are you both on the old $10 (limited calling) plan?

Gimli

Neither works.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Gimli  Can you call a non GTA number?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Gimli wrote:

What happens after you hear that message? Does the call end/hang up up or does your call go through?

More info would help.

- You have 2 PM accounts? Does one work and neither works?

- Have you tried making calls to other numbers?

- Which plan and did you activate recently?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Put +1 in front of the number and see if that works? If not, what plan are you on?

Need Help? Let's chat.