cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call canadian number and use mobile data after activation and pay for the 40$ plan

Phanluong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought the sim card, activate and buy a 40 dollar plan. It said unlimited canadian wide talk and 4.5 gb data 3G. However, I cannot call Canadian number, the message keep saying long distance call is not in your add on. When try using data, none work, nothing load. Need help urgently because I only stay in canada for 10 days and need to use this.

14 REPLIES 14

No harm in trying these @Phanluong . You could be the first one to find a solution for this without a moderator, to my knowledge.

@Luddite wrote:

@Phanluong As your account has the funds to pay for your plan try these tricks:

a) Lost/Stolen Trick 

1. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Suspend Service >> logout

2. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Resume Service >> logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

b) $1 Trick

1. login to your account >> Payment >> One TIme Payment >> follow the direction to poay $1 >> logout

2. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

If neither work, you'll need to wait for the moderators. Robot Sad

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Phanluong in case you may have missed it because the thread is getting quite long, @ChuckYeah suggested you remove your personal information from that post (either remove or edit and replace the screenshot to remove your name, account number, referral number, email address, and phone number). 

It's a pretty important suggestion so I wanted to flag it for you one more time. 

@Phanluong As your account has the funds to pay for your plan try these tricks:

a) Lost/Stolen Trick 

1. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Suspend Service >> logout

2. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Resume Service >> logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

b) $1 Trick

1. login to your account >> Payment >> One TIme Payment >> follow the direction to poay $1 >> logout

2. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

If neither work, you'll need to wait for the moderators. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

I should add under normal circumstances there are issues with renewing the same plan that need to go to the moderators, but in this case it looks like no plan was actually activated.

Did you only ever make one payment of $40?

I'm scared to say, yes! But I think you might be right.

If @Phanluong feels brave, we could do that, and I'm sure the moderators would still be able to fix it. My concern is that it may take longer that way.

@Phanluong , if it was me. I'd try what @Jb456 says, but since you have such a limited window, I'll leave that up to you. Maybe wait for a couple more people to say "Go for it!"  

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Just in case others ask to see it, here is a screenshot without personal info.

summary$40.png

So looking at his screenshot. The $40 is in his account but has not been debited to activate a plan (although he probably been charged by his bank)

I'm thinking it's the date of 1969.

I wonder if he went to "Change Plan" and selected his plan again then selected "Change now"

If the system would then debit his balance and activate the plan with today's date instead of 1969.

What do you think Chuck?? @ChuckYeah 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@Phanluong It looks like it should work. You should remove it though because it has personal info on it.

Best to remove your personal info like your email address and phone or account numbers. It won't help on this forum and it makes it discoverable and available to the general public.

Just open your post, click on the three dots on the top right, and remove the picture.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Sadly, every thread seems to end with a moderator. Keep trying. Others may have ideas as well.

@Phanluong wrote:

I bought the sim card, activate and buy a 40 dollar plan. It said unlimited canadian wide talk and 4.5 gb data 3G. However, I cannot call Canadian number, the message keep saying long distance call is not in your add on. When try using data, none work, nothing load. Need help urgently because I only stay in canada for 10 days and need to use this.

Phanluong

Hi. Thanks a lot. Here is the account summary

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Can you post a screenshot of your overview page? Other threads have stated this meant the money was added, but the plan was not selected correctly. I'll keep looking. But make sure the $40 isn't an outstanding balance rather than a plan.

Phanluong

Hi, thanks. I already fired for a ticket. Problem is that I used my sister phone (canadian) to call in the number, and she can only reach the voicemail. So i dont know how the mod can reach me via the phone. Do you know how they can reach a ticket submittor?

I also tried to add (and remove) the 1, also the (+) sign.  None work. Always the same message about the long distance call.

I checked again. The status is still active. The fund is still 40$, with the renewal is in 31 Dec 1969. I dont select autopay.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Did you try adding 1 in front of the number.

@Phanluong wrote:

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You should likely start by sending a ticket and then continue to see if you can work through your issue here. The sooner you get your ticket in, the sooner you'll get your solution if you need them.

You should consider creating a support ticket. Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment bubble in the bottom right.

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team

Need Help? Let's chat.