cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling US Roaming addon

bombaj905
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I added US Roaming to my account over a week ago.  It was to be used during our vacation to Florida that for obvious reasons didn't happen.  I would like to either park that add-on for a later time or have the $20 (cost of it) go towards my next bill. 

Is this possible?

14 REPLIES 14

Considering that US roaming 10 day add-ons start running as soon as purchased I wondered how the OP purchased one that obviously won't be used now? The trip being off wasn't obvious a few hours or maybe the day before planned departure?

AE_Collector

@Pawprints1986   How did we survive for 90 years between the invention of the automobile and the cellphone? Lol....how about a pay as you go US sim card for emergencies only that can be put in a dual sim phone or switched in a single SIM phone for that phone call or text.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Only problem with that is if you're not in a Wi-Fi area, stuck on the road and you want to let loved ones know type thing is more what I'm thinking... In Wi-Fi I'd just use Facebook messenger

@Pawprints1986   You can recieve texts and some users have reported receiving calls as well while in the US. If you are staying close to the border you may still be able to connect to a telus tower. Having an app like textnow as @gblackma has suggested should be able to fulfill a phone needs on a single day visit.

@Pawprints1986, don't really see that happening. But, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. 

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Any chance at all of a 1 day add on for border city customers who in a normal not covid world might go over for the day to shop but don't need to pay for 10 days ?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguy he has now, both interpretations are correct:  you need US Roaming add-on(s) to get service in the USA, and you must at least partially utilize any US Roaming add-on(s) you purchased to qualify for the credit back.  I was going to complain that this isn't fair but then remembered that most people won't be buying them very far in advance (given that the 10 days starts ticking immediately), and would hopefully avoid buying them if they can't go (and actually make use of them) in all but the rarest of cases.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

PM was offering a credit but the add-on has you be used.  PM  is prepaid so no guarantee of a refund bllut you could submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.  They are currently Short staffed so it may take longer to receive a response.

@Triguy we read it differently.  I read Alan's post as "you still need to use add-on(s) to get service in the US; roaming won't just magically happen on its own", whereas you read it as "you have to actually connect to a US tower to qualify for the credit".  I've just tagged Alan for clarity in the announcement thread:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Public-Mobile-response-to-COVID...

@srlawren   Hopefully Alan_K responds quickly because a clarification is definitely needed to lessen any confusion as the current wording isn't quite clear.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguy wrote:

PM was offering a credit but the add-on has you be used.  PM  is prepaid so no guarantee of a refund bllut you could submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.  They are currently Short staffed so it may take longer to receive a response.

@Triguy we read it differently.  I read Alan's post as "you still need to use add-on(s) to get service in the US; roaming won't just magically happen on its own", whereas you read it as "you have to actually connect to a US tower to qualify for the credit".  I've just tagged Alan for clarity in the announcement thread:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATED-Public-Mobile-response-to-COVID...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

bombaj905

Thanks for writing back, the matter was resolved yesterday.

@bombaj905  Definetly speak with a moderator but you may not have enabled roaming and used the roaming add on you did start the time clock on it. Since they start right after purchase. Since they are offering a credit back on roaming add ons I'm sure once you explain the situation they will credit your account and you can use it towards your next renewal.

bombaj905

Thank you, I submitted a ticket.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@bombaj905 PM is prepaid and does not give refunds. But given the present situation, you may get a credit. Contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket). 

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there. 

Need Help? Let's chat.