cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel account

motozark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I need to cancel my account at the end of July. My self service has never worked, Which had been ok. I have been on the 90 day plan which ends on July 31. What is the best way to do this?
8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@motozark I blieve @SD08 has given you the info you need just above this reply.  I will add one thing:  when you are ready to come back to Public Mobile in December, please note that you will not be able to re-use the SIM card you use today once your account is deactivated.  You will need to order a new SIM card.  In order to avoid delays in reactivating with a new account in Decemeber, you could consider ordering a new SIM card ahead of time, to have it ready to go when needed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08

@motozark

Yes, since your self-serve is inaccessible, you'd do this through a moderator. You should send a private message to any of the mods listed here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Include your phone number and e-mail address. If you intend to reactivate using the same SIM card before the 90 days is up, then do get the mods to fix your self-serve account at the same time.  Since private messaging is the moderators' preferred communication channel, I recommend you turn on e-mail notifications for receipt of private messages in your community account.  To do this, go to Settings -> Preferences -> Private Messenger.  Tick the checkbox for "Receive email notifications for new private messages" and click save after making the change.

motozark
It's not important to keep my number and I don't have a special plan, but I really like the PM system and will come back to it later on. It's the best deal out there. It seems as though I should cancel it and start again in November. Do I do this through a moderator?

SD08

@motozark wrote:
I am not porting, just cancelling until December. I am on auto enroll which needs to be cancelled.

@motozark

Since you intend to cancel by the end of July until December, that would be a service gap of at least 4 months.  Just so you know, any account that goes expired for 90 consecutive days or more will be removed from the system.  In that case, the phone number and any associated plan, especially grandfathered or promo plans, would be lost, and the SIM card would become unusable.   If your plan is not important to keep, but your phone number is, then you can simply activate a 10-day texting plan for $11 just to reset the 90-day countdown near the end of October.  If you want to keep a grandfathered or promo plan, then you'll have to re-activate that plan within 89 days after expiry and eat the cost of the unused period of November.  In that case, changing to any other cheaper plan to reset would not work, as you would lose access to the grandfathered plan.

If you intend to keep any part of the account (plan/phone number) for future use, you really should have the moderators fix your self-serve account to make it accessible to you going forward, even if you're cancelling in the meantime.

motozark
I am not porting, just cancelling until December. I am on auto enroll which needs to be cancelled.

mimmo
If you are planning to port to a different company i believe you will need to do so before your plan expires.

if not, What plan are you on? if the fall promo I would be interested in taking over your account.

SD08

Edit: Nevermind.  I missed the part where the OP said their self-serve doesn't work.  Smiley Tongue

imm1304

Hey @motozark,

If you are not enrolled in autopay, you don't need to do anything.  Just don't pay to renew the plan and your account will be suspended automatically.  And it will be deactivated permanently after 90 days.  

If you have registered card for automatic renewal, then you will have to send a private message to the mods asking them to disable autopay.

Need Help? Let's chat.