cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada wide?

am10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to public mobile on the 28$ 2.5gb plan with canada wide calling unlimited and international text unlimited.

I want to confirm that if I am in Quebec I can text/call any number in Canada without any charges? I can also use data canada wide without any charges?

THanks

30 REPLIES 30

Looks like Bell and ICE are the big Mobility carriers. Telus with only Whitehorse  and Yellowknife. 

see here http://www.cnac.ca/data/COCodeStatus_NPA867.htm

@ashleyskye wrote:

They are part of Canada, but I have seen some companies not include them in the Canada wide plan. Customers need to read the fine print is all. 

The others are correct that there are no restrictions when it comes to the territories when it comes to calls being included.  However, were there are some issue when it comes to the northern territories is there being less of a network. So, there will be more places that don't have a signal, even places where some people may live. There's also the factor that Public Mobile doesn't offer local phone numbers for customers in many of these places.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@kb_mv 

Assuming it's even technically possible, is there any priority for Bell customers on their towers, over other suppliers?

Now that is a real good question!!! I guess that would all be written in the "share" agreement as Bell would not like to be throttled in with west with Telus only towers. 

But I do know this. When Telus is having internet issues with supply to customers they can give preference to the TV product (that is over internet) and let the internet be the issue. 

@kb_mv 

Assuming it's even technically possible, is there any priority for Bell customers on their towers, over other suppliers?

@kb_mv wrote:

@LurganIeUk I just over laid the coverage maps of Bell and PM in a graphics program and they are identical.

That is fantastic for PM to be offering!!!!

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk I just over laid the coverage maps of Bell and PM in a graphics program and they are identical.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Wow....look at the Bell coverage!!

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 2.37.06 PM.png

@LurganIeUk You mean the Bell/Telus/PM coverage? lol

Wow....look at the Bell coverage!!

Edit...I meant the Towers are all Bell. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 2.37.06 PM.png

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They are part of Canada, but I have seen some companies not include them in the Canada wide plan. Customers need to read the fine print is all. 

@ashleyskye wrote:

As long as the call originates in a Canadian province and is calling a Canadian number (and that phone is located within Canada) it is Canada-wide calling. 

@ashleyskye I'm pretty sure the territories are part of Canada. There is nothing in the Terms and Conditions that restricts Canada wide calling to only provinces. Plus their coverage map includes the territories.

Edit: I see you have edited out the territories comment.

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 6.26.26 PM.png

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As long as the call originates in a Canadian province and is calling a Canadian number (and that phone is located within Canada) it is Canada-wide calling. 

Hi @RWS 

I don't believe the OP @am10 was implying otherwise (although I certainly get the inference).

I suspect some inexperienced mobile users really might not know what "Unlimited Canada-wide" calling means in actual use.  Perhaps saying it like this:  "if your call is originating in ANY Canadian Province or Territory, you can call to any other Canadian Province or Territory with no long-distance charges (subject to any outgoing minute limited plans)"

RWS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Quebec IS Canada!!

@Luddite I have started many posts and have only had a very few reminders. I forgot about them because I have not had one for a long time. ☹️

@LurganIeUk  "would make more sense to remind the OP to assign a solution"

FYI: they are sent a reminder about a week after first post.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@RosieR wrote:

@LurganIeUk are you trying to insult me?  Of course, that's my post.

🤔No🤔

@LurganIeUk are you trying to insult me?  Of course, that's my post.

@RosieR wrote:

You must be on other sites that do? “If” threads were to be closed here it would make sense that it would “auto close” once a solution was accepted. There is an issue here in being an OP cannot bravo themselves but the OP can accept a solution to their own post. It pumps up their stats. And some have knowingly accepted their solution by mistake. Some posts are informational etc. and will never have a solution. So the latter would likely not self close from a solution accepted. Is it good or bad to close or not close......so many new people just don’t look and old posts and jump in for a quick answer from the ever so eager community. And they get one!! But finding a similar old post can de resurrected with a question and brings it to the top of the pile. Nothing wrong with that. It’s how it is run here. I can only suggest that you opt to NOT read posts that have a solution. But also keep in mind that @Luddite spends a lot of time housecleaning all the threads and assigns solutions which helps the community member with their stats......but while I am not complaining......it would make more sense to remind the OP to assign a solution as they best know what one it was vs some one else’s knowledgeable best guess. 

Yes.

Why suggest this to me?

Was this not your post?

75A51AB4-D936-4234-AA60-A8C2F79CCB7B.jpeg

You must be on other sites that do? “If” threads were to be closed here it would make sense that it would “auto close” once a solution was accepted. There is an issue here in being an OP cannot bravo themselves but the OP can accept a solution to their own post. It pumps up their stats. And some have knowingly accepted their solution by mistake. Some posts are informational etc. and will never have a solution. So the latter would likely not self close from a solution accepted. Is it good or bad to close or not close......so many new people just don’t look and old posts and jump in for a quick answer from the ever so eager community. And they get one!! But finding a similar old post can de resurrected with a question and brings it to the top of the pile. Nothing wrong with that. It’s how it is run here. I can only suggest that you opt to NOT read posts that have a solution. But also keep in mind that @Luddite spends a lot of time housecleaning all the threads and assigns solutions which helps the community member with their stats......but while I am not complaining......it would make more sense to remind the OP to assign a solution as they best know what one it was vs some one else’s knowledgeable best guess. 

Yes.

Why suggest this to me?

@kb_mv wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

it would make more sense to remind the OP to assign a solution as they best know what one it was vs some one else’s knowledgeable best guess. 

@LurganIeUk I don't know lol, I have seen people select the last post as the correct solution even though it mirrors all the posts before it.

Oh yes!! I agree that it happens. Any one that is grateful for the help......should bravo the FIRST post that solved their issue and of course make it the solution too!!! There has been a few times that I have felt “slighted"...but not going to lose any sleep over it......it is fun to learn and help.....it is the culture developed here. 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

it would make more sense to remind the OP to assign a solution as they best know what one it was vs some one else’s knowledgeable best guess. 

@LurganIeUk I don't know lol, I have seen people select the last post as the correct solution even though it mirrors all the posts before it.

@kb_mv wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

Yes

lol short and sweet.  I hope PM would allow a thread to be closed as soon as it is answered correctly with a note saying.... 

"This thread is now closed as question has been answered."

@RosieR Unfortunately until the OP selects a response as the answer....

lol when I started typing, only the short "yes" by Triguy was showing.  lol  I type too slow.  I apologize to the other posters... didn't mean to offend.

@RosieR wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

Yes

lol short and sweet.  I hope PM would allow a thread to be closed as soon as it is answered correctly with a note saying.... 

@RosieR wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

Yes

@RosieR Unfortunately until the OP selects a response as the answer....

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes you can. Except $15 plan has 100 outgoing minutes.

Isn't Public Mobile great 😁?

@Triguy wrote:

Yes

Don't forget though, dial 1+ for the Long Distance Calls. 😀

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@am10 wrote:

I just switched to public mobile on the 28$ 2.5gb plan with canada wide calling unlimited and international text unlimited.

I want to confirm that if I am in Quebec I can text/call any number in Canada without any charges? I can also use data canada wide without any charges?

THanks

You can text anywhere in the world while in Canada. You will not incur any extra charges on your plan This is all prepaid.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@am10 wrote:

THanks

@am10 You are correct. No charge, anywhere in Canada. Welcome to PM!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, all of the plans $15 and up have Canada wide text/calling and data.

Need Help? Let's chat.