Canada wide calling

kingsave23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have $40 per month plan no canada wide calling can I change it

17 REPLIES 17

kingsave23

thanks everyone  decided what to do

@computergeek541 I see, so that $120/12gb was one of the best plans public has offered to customers

@gpixel wrote:

@computergeek541 wasn't there a $50/6gb? or have they even offered anything close to that?

That's extremely wishful thinking for a 30 day plan . There was never anything close to that with LTE speeds.

@computergeek541 wasn't there a $50/6gb? or have they even offered anything close to that?

@gpixel wrote:

what was the legacy plan after the $40/4gb?

im just curious what other plans public was offering with full LTE. 

Most of the LTE offerings weren't very good when comparing prices. Plans such as $60 for 2GB of data, calls, and texts come to mind. 

@gpixel wrote:

@will13am,

@kingsave23 , I assume you have a legacy $40 plan with province wide calling only.  Yes, you can change to the new plan with Canada wide calling.  The new plan also comes with much slower data throttled to 3 mbits/s.  If you are willing to live with the slower data, just go into the self serve account and do a plan change.  Personally, I have used long distance calling add-on as a solution instead.  It is only $5/500 minutes which is very reasonable pricing.  

My "2016 fall promo" plan is actually $120/12GB, province wide calling, international text.  Effectively, it is $40 for every 30 days.  Since the renewal period is 90 days, it is more flexible than a $40/4GB plan.  This is why I am not willing to give it up for the $40/5GB plan.  A couple calling add-ons will last me the year as I don't call out of province that much.  

@will13am,

@kingsave23 , I assume you have a legacy $40 plan with province wide calling only.  Yes, you can change to the new plan with Canada wide calling.  The new plan also comes with much slower data throttled to 3 mbits/s.  If you are willing to live with the slower data, just go into the self serve account and do a plan change.  Personally, I have used long distance calling add-on as a solution instead.  It is only $5/500 minutes which is very reasonable pricing.  

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you'd like to keep your fast data, why not use TextNow or hangouts for unlimited free Canada and USA. 

You can make your cell number display number for hangouts do destination recognises a picks up when you call and they call and text back your cell.

TextNow is also great option for alternative phone number and traveling.

It's all free

kingsave23

Thanks

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

@kingsave23 

A decision you have to consider, what’s more important faster data or Canada wide calling. 

An alternative is to keep the plan he currently enjoys...and get the 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on for $5. Any unused add-on minutes at renewal will just roll over until OP uses them up...even if that takes several months or longer.

That way he can keep the plan he has and have 500 minutes available to call anywhere in Canada as well.

As alluded to by @will13am 

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kingsave23 

A decision you have to consider, what’s more important faster data or Canada wide calling. 

@kingsave23  and this is how and where to do it from within your self service account. Stay safe.  20200416_143943.jpg

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kingsave23  Yes, you can change plans but cannot change back to your old plan if for any reason you are not happy with the new plan's data performance.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you change your plan it is recommended to change on your next renewal date so you don't lose any unused minutes/texts or data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@kingsave23 

All the new plans have Canada wide calling.  

Are you on one of the grandfathered LTE data plans?  You could change to one of the newer plans at your next renewal.  However, if you are on one of the LTE plans, you will only get 3G data speeds afterwards.  

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @kingsave23 

There is no contract with PM. You are free to change your plan as often as you want.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Just remember if you have a grandfathered plan that is no longer offered, you may want to hang on to it. You can pick only from the current plans being offered.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.