cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada and US Talk

johnny5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is a new promotion.  It says unlimited Canada and US talk.  My question which I am sure I know

1) is the US talk for all calls made from Canada ?

2) I would not pay long distance if day I called anywhere in Canada to say Florida?  Is that correct ?

8 REPLIES 8

@walmart3161 wrote:

Yes that is correct. Also its a monthly pay plan that they do not add on to your bill. if your plan does not include it, it will not work.

I'm not sure which member you were answering, but this thread is more than a year old and the questions were answered long ago. 

walmart3161
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes that is correct. Also its a monthly pay plan that they do not add on to your bill. if your plan does not include it, it will not work.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

US Roaming Talk Add-Ons require a Talk plan. Calls made to numbers starting with the following six-digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@popping wrote:

@drmartin wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@johnny5 wrote:

My plan is a new promotion.  It says unlimited Canada and US talk.  My question which I am sure I know

2) I would not pay long distance if day I called anywhere in Canada to say Florida?  Is that correct ?

That is correct so base plans are for calls generated in Canada.  To make calls in the US you would need the US rising addon

Can you order it in advance (ie. pay today but have it start on Friday?) or do you need to order right before you cross the border?

US roaming add-on starts immediately.  Therefore, buy it before leaving Canada.  Remember buying add-on is a 2 steps process.

@popping wrote:

@drmartin wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@johnny5 wrote:

That is correct so base plans are for calls generated in Canada.  To make calls in the US you would need the US rising addon

Can you order it in advance (ie. pay today but have it start on Friday?) or do you need to order right before you cross the border?

US roaming add-on starts immediately.  Therefore, buy it before leaving Canada.  Remember buying add-on is a 2 steps process.

Thanks. 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@drmartin wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@johnny5 wrote:

Purchasing an Add-On? Be sure to: 
1. Add funds to your account, if you don`t have sufficient funds  

2. Go back to the Add-Ons page and select your Add-On.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@johnny5, there a few area codes in the US that will not work, as they are charged premium rates to connect.  But otherwise, yes, should be as you expect.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@johnny5 wrote:

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@johnny5 wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.