cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada-Wide Long Distance add-on

pamiro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Community!  Just starting my 3rd month with PM and all has been great so far!  My question is: Is there a difference between the Canada-WideTalk/Talk Canada-wide that comes with certain plans,  and the 500 Canada-Wide Long Distance Minutes add-on? Are the long distance minutes strictly for long distance, or can they be used for local calls also? 

9 REPLIES 9

pamiro

Certainly no apology needed!  Any and all information is good information. I've learned many things reading answers to questions in this community. It's all good!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pamiro wrote:

Thanks, but I have the $15 plan that only has 100 minutes. I don't use a calling feature much, but wanted to add on a bit extra just in case.

I did jump to conclusions didn't I. Apologies.

The 500 minutes for $5 add on is an excellent insurance policy when you have the $15 plan that only allows 100 minutes outbound. A friend changed to the $15 plan as he rarely makes a phone call but he ran out of outbound calling in his very first month when he started making calls for advertisements for a house he was renting out.

Furthermore you can get one of the US long distance add ins that are $8 or $15 for 200 or 400 minutes. These minutes will be used for outbound calls in Canada if you exceed your 100 minutes and you don’t have the 500/$5 Canada add on or if it is exhausted. The US LD plans are to call the US from Canada, not to make calls while IN the US and they work within Canada as well.

Terry

pamiro

Thanks, but I have the $15 plan that only has 100 minutes. I don't use a calling feature much, but wanted to add on a bit extra just in case.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pamiro 

Just so it's clear...you don't need the add-on. You can call to anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada with your plan.

pamiro

Thank you!

pamiro

Thank you RossN for the speedy reply!  Much appreciated!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pamiro wrote:

Hello Community!  Just starting my 3rd month with PM and all has been great so far!  My question is: Is there a difference between the Canada-WideTalk/Talk Canada-wide that comes with certain plans,  and the 500 Canada-Wide Long Distance Minutes add-on? Are the long distance minutes strictly for long distance, or can they be used for local calls also? 

There is no difference between the plan with Canada wide minutes and the Canada wide minutes add-ons.  The Canada wide minutes can be used for local call.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@pamiro hi you can use for local or long distance Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.