cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada Wide Calling on Fall Promo $40 plan

Wnghiem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I currently have the $40 fall promo plan (fantastic btw) and I was wondering if it's possible to add Canada-wide calling or am I stuck with purchasing the 200 min Canada-wide LD add-on?

Thanks!

Will

11 REPLIES 11

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chakri264 wrote:

I received calls but the add-on minutes were not used for the received calls. Only for the calls that I made I used 27 mins. But I talked more than two hours during incoming calls. 

From this observation, I believe that no matter where you are in Canada, you will be able to receive calls but can't make calls unless you have a long distance add-on.

This is what I was preaching for months when I joined PM. But we defined it to be a glitch.

I am happy that you can also benefit from this awesome "glitch" Smiley Very Happy

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Let me tell you my experience. 

Last week we travelled to quebec city for a vacation. We are residents of Ontario. Me and my wife both are with PM on an unlimted provincial wide plan (40 CAD). Before leaving ontario, I purchased a 200 min long distance add-on for $8 on my plan and for my wife we did not buy anything. During our stay in quebec city, my wife received calls from out of the province, freinds from ontario and BC but she couldnt make calls to any. Not even to the numbers in quebec province. I made calls using the add-on minutes that I purchased. I received calls but the add-on minutes were not used for the received calls. Only for the calls that I made I used 27 mins. But I talked more than two hours during incoming calls. 

From this observation, I believe that no matter where you are in Canada, you will be able to receive calls but can't make calls unless you have a long distance add-on. Hope this helps you and puts you in proper direction. 

@Wnghiem wrote:

Thanks for the great reply everyone! 

The issue I'm facing is that I started traveling across country for work and using my phone quite often, making and receiving calls.  All the options provided are great for making calls but might not work for receving calls.

From my understanding, if I'm calling a number within the province I'm in, that does not use any of my add-on minutes.  If I'm receiving calls or calling outside of the province I'm in, it uses my minutes.

Thanks!

Will

Wnghiem

Thanks for everyone's help.

I'll just have to take the hit.

Cheers,

Will

Acekiller

@Wnghiem wrote:

The issue I'm facing is that I started traveling across country for work and using my phone quite often, making and receiving calls.  All the options provided are great for making calls but might not work for receving calls.

From my understanding, if I'm calling a number within the province I'm in, that does not use any of my add-on minutes.  If I'm receiving calls or calling outside of the province I'm in, it uses my minutes.

Thanks!

Will

you are correct. perhaps call-forwarding is something you want to look into?

Wnghiem

Thanks!

Will

WearySky

The 400 minute LD add-on can be used for Canada minutes as well, and it's a better value per minute.  But otherwise, yeah, you're stuck with buying add-ons if you want to keep your 4gb/$40 plan.  

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately, you are left with the option of buying an add-on. Conversely you can buy Rebtel credit where they give you Canada wide unlimited calling for 2 USD a month. You can install the app on your phone and make calls straight from it. The app uses your unlimited provincial calling feature from your PM plan and calls a local number in your home province and connects your call to the destination number in the other province. Basically you are making a local call but are talking with your friend in other province. So its cheaper to do that. Just for 2 USD you get unlimited calling canada-wide. They also have an option to call US unlimited for 2 USD a month. That is what I am doing now. Let me know if you need more details about it. 

@Wnghiem wrote:

Hi all,

I currently have the $40 fall promo plan (fantastic btw) and I was wondering if it's possible to add Canada-wide calling or am I stuck with purchasing the 200 min Canada-wide LD add-on?

Thanks!

Will

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Wnghiem,

Besides the long distance add-ons of $8/200 minutes and $15/400 minutes, you can also give free voip services a try.  Fongo and Google Hangout dialer are 2 very popular apps for free calling in the community.  

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Yes you can't change if you changed to canada wide you will lose the plan only options you have are add-on sorry
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I don't think it is possible to add Canada wide calling to your plan.  It would be a plan change and you would lose the promo plan you are currently on.  Sorry.

Need Help? Let's chat.