cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada Wide Add-On

Brit101101
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased an Add-On for $5 that will allow me to take calls when I'm out of my home province and in another province. Does the add-on expire when I have used up the 500 minutes, or in 30 days?

Public Mobile is unclear as far as I have read on the matter.

Will it renew itself in my next billing period?

It was a temporary need that I wish to not purchase again, at least for a while.

TIA for you help with this matter.

6 REPLIES 6

@Brit101101 

Add-on minutes/data are only used when Plan minutes/data aren't available (have all been used). Unused Add-on minutes/data will rollover billing cycles indefinitely - you can login to your Self-Serve to see used and remaining minutes/data - the Add-on will drop off your account once it's been fully consumed. You must purchase Add-ons manually, there is no way to autorenew them.

US Roaming Add-ons are the exception - they're each single-use purchases - they become active when purchased, cannot be suspended, and expire after 10 days.

Public Mobile is currently offering holiday gifts to every customer. You can login to your Self-Serve and buy two free Add-ons (400 minutes Canada/US/International Long Distance, 1GB Data) - you don't have to claim these gift Add-ons, but total purchase price is $0.00. (And yes, you can have the Canada-wide Add-on and the International Long Distance Add-on on your account at the same time, more minutes! ) 

@Brit101101 wrote:

Thank you,

When it expires, it will not automatically renew itself, or must I order it again if I want it?

@Brit101101  Correct it will not renew.

In other words, add ons are  if you you want it you must add it on to your plan?

Correct.👍

Sorry, but new to this add-on thing.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Add ons will not expire until completely used and then purchased again if needed.

Brit101101
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you,

When it expires, it will not automatically renew itself, or must I order it again if I want it?

In other words, add ons are  if you you want it you must add it on to your plan?

Sorry, but new to this add-on thing.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Brit101101 wrote:

I purchased an Add-On for $5 that will allow me to take calls when I'm out of my home province and in another province. Does the add-on expire when I have used up the 500 minutes, or in 30 days? 

@Brit101101  When used up.

Public Mobile is unclear as far as I have read on the matter.

Will it renew itself in my next billing period?

No, you will have to repurchase it again via your selfserve account.

It was a temporary need that I wish to not purchase again, at least for a while.

TIA for you help with this matter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brit101101  - Long distance minute add-ons expire when they are used up.  There is no time limit.  The US roaming add-ons have a 10 day expiry.

Need Help? Let's chat.