cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Canada / US plan

Hello, 

I'm a truck driver that lives in Vancouver, BC and I often go over to the US for a couple days at a time and I do this often. I'm with Telus but am considering the move over to Public Mobile.  What I need is a plan that allows me to call and use my data while I'm in the US as well as Canada.  Does this exist with Public Mobile?  I thought the $50 plan would cover this but it looks like it only covers calls made from Canada to the US.  I would appreciate any help you could give me on this.  Thanks...

Darren

Mayor / Maire

Re: Canada / US plan

@steadynow21 

There is no regular plans with US roaming.  There was a $60 plan (with 2 GB US roaming + unlimited US text/talk) that would have met your needs, but that promo expired.  

If you were to move to PM, you would need to buy a 10 day roaming add on each time you went to USA.  Kinda of a hassle though..... 

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

Mayor / Maire

@steadynow21 wrote:

Hello, 

I'm a truck driver that lives in Vancouver, BC and I often go over to the US for a couple days at a time and I do this often. I'm with Telus but am considering the move over to Public Mobile.  What I need is a plan that allows me to call and use my data while I'm in the US as well as Canada.  Does this exist with Public Mobile?  I thought the $50 plan would cover this but it looks like it only covers calls made from Canada to the US.  I would appreciate any help you could give me on this.  Thanks...

Darren

Only thing avaialble is a 10 Day US Roaming add-on. you can talk/text and a bit of data for $20...for 10 day only.

ok thanks for the info.  It looks like I'll have to stay with Telus unfortunately.  It is too much of a hassle to add on every time and I go over at least a couple days a week.  Thanks for the info though I appreciate your help!

Mayor / Maire

@steadynow21 wrote:

ok thanks for the info.  It looks like I'll have to stay with Telus unfortunately.  It is too much of a hassle to add on every time and I go over at least a couple days a week.  Thanks for the info though I appreciate your help!

Keep an eye on the Public Mobile website. There used to be a plan that would have suited your requirement, but they discontinued it last month. Perhaps something will take it's place that you could use. Good luck.

Mayor / Maire

@steadynow21  You might want to take a look at ATT prepaid service. If you prepay for a year you get unlimited talk and text and 8GB of data with free roaming to Canada and Mexico for ~$25 US per month. More info here;

https://www.att.com/buy/wireless/prepaid/select-plans

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@steadynow21You can consider Zoomer https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/plans#canada_us_plan which still have US / Canada plans. They are on Roger's network. They are the only non first tiered provider that offers seamless US/Canada plans right now.

However if you are already with Telus adding US roaming is an extra $15/month, it would be worth while if you already have a good unlimited EPP plan https://www.whistleout.ca/CellPhones/Guides/Canadian-US-Roaming-Guide

Thanks, I already have the add on for Telus.  With tax I'm at $106 per month.  I was just hoping that PM had a plan...

They unfortunately only give 1GB of data.  I'll just be staying with Telus unless PM comes out with a new roaming plan...

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@steadynow21 wrote:

They unfortunately only give 1GB of data.  I'll just be staying with Telus unless PM comes out with a new roaming plan...

You could try to buy the old $60 plan from someone. Check if it's the old one including roaming.