cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada US plan for $60

BH28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined PM and had friends join because of the $60 plan offered as we go to the states as snowbirds. I was planning to switch to it in another month, had no idea it was a limited time plan. Feel mislead.

12 REPLIES 12

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BH28 wrote:

I joined PM and had friends join because of the $60 plan offered as we go to the states as snowbirds. I was planning to switch to it in another month, had no idea it was a limited time plan. Feel mislead

Trust me. Not a big deal,

Edit: just pmed u instead. Top secret stuff.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'M with Rogers for my tv and internet services. I periodically speak with management to renew my promotions. I was told there will likely be new promotions available the last week in November, Black Friday. I'm sure the mobile providers will also have promotions at that time so you could find a good one then.

Bagel09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

With black Friday coming up, I would not be surprised to deal some amazing deals coming up! The great thing is you aren't locked in with PM.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I have only been around for a while, but it seems like they sell plans like groceries on sale; while quantities last only.  It doesn't really make sense to me.  On the one hand you can prevent people from switching in and out of the plan to save money when not traveling to the US.  But on the other hand, you prevent new customers from joining.  There's no way to confirm how much money is made with this crazy idea.  My guess it's a loss not a gain. 

@BH28 wrote:

Mint mobile also have great US plans $15/mth for 3 mth commitment. Catch is SIM card needs to be sent to US address. If your a snowbird might work for you.

@BH28  I'll keep that in mind for advising travellers to the states. Thx

@BH28  If you are only going to be down south for short periods of time then the add on should be fine. You can make a payment on your account to top up your balance then on the day of your travel select the roaming add on you want and pay for it. (Submit selection) it will then start immeadiately.  The now defunct plan had unlimited calling, texting and 2gb of data in the US. A very good deal. If you have a dual SIM phone you should consider the many cheap plans offered down there if you are a frequent visitor otherwise there roaming add ons should fulfill your needs.

BH28

Mint mobile also have great US plans $15/mth for 3 mth commitment. Catch is SIM card needs to be sent to US address. If your a snowbird might work for you.

BH28

Actually looked at the add ons again and the $20 for 10 day US roaming would be $60 for a mth. Can't remember the details of the other one but might be enough coverage.

@BH28  I did notice on red flag deals some great US SIM card and plan deals and in a discussion a couple days ago on the same subject (Search US plan gone?)mentioned a walmart/At&t deal that would work out the same or better and keeping pm on the $15 plan.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BH28 wrote:

I joined PM and had friends join because of the $60 plan offered as we go to the states as snowbirds. I was planning to switch to it in another month, had no idea it was a limited time plan. Feel mislead.

@BH28  Yes @computergeek541  is correct. Unfortunately  pm did not give much notice on the withdrawal of that plan unlike other ones that gave at the very least a week. They gave about 8 hours notice. I know it was there when I left for work and by the time I got home they had announced and removed it. Always at 11:59pm et for these things...8:59pm out here on the wetcoast...typo intended!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear you missed it

They may have something like that again but no one knows when and what.

From the introduction it was stated it was the summer and temporary offer. Let's hope they have a winter offer for snowbirds that would match it.

In a meantime did you ever consider textNow sim? Very good deal for those who can get it. And if you need minimum nothing beats FreedomPop I think.

@BH28 wrote:

Sorry, but any plan or any promotion can end at any time. If at any time time there is an offer that interests you, I would say to consider taking it.  I suspect that that part of the reason for getting rid of this plan has to do with Public Mobile not wanting people who already have it to remove it, and then susbscribe to it again only in months when they'll be travelling to the U.S.

Need Help? Let's chat.