cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada-US calling

Dwhy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased the unlimited canada us call and text but when I try making a call it says I don't have this feature. 

10 REPLIES 10

@tituscsmith wrote:

I know this isn't exactly what you're going for, but US-Canada calling is a big deal for me too and I was told I could accept unlimited US calls when I was chatting with a PM representative last week.

Correct... as long as you are in Canada, you can accept every call unlimited no matter which country the call came from. No addon required, but addon is needed to call those countries yourself.

tituscsmith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I know this isn't exactly what you're going for, but US-Canada calling is a big deal for me too and I was told I could accept unlimited US calls when I was chatting with a PM representative last week.

incoming us call proof.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Dwhy 

The only unlimited Canada and USA calling is achievable with the $50 plan.

Either that, or are you referring to a roaming add-on that you added while you are physically travelling within the US?

If you put a ticket in to the moderator already, probably best to wait for their reply.

Hope it all works out!!!

@Dwhy 

What is the area code and exchange you are trying to call. Their are some that are not included unfortunately.

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

@Dwhy  cool.. let us know how it ends.   🙂

Dwhy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes the plan says I have the feature and I put 1 before dialing. I have contacted a moderator for help. Thank you though!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dwhy wrote:

I purchased the unlimited canada us call and text but when I try making a call it says I don't have this feature. 

@Dwhy 

You have the $50 plan?  did you try dialing with a 1 before the 10 digits?  Also, just to confirm, you are calling from Canada to Canada/US and not calling from US back to Canada, right?

Also, check at Self-Serve, At the Overview Tab, My Plan, there is a link Plan Details.  click ot it and it will show you what you have.  Check if Unlimited Canada US calling is there

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did you purchase the 1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes - $15 or U.S. Talk and Text Bundle: $15 ?

If you bought the talk & text then you purchased the wrong add-on.  Check your account if it appears then you would need to contact a moderator to see if they can change it.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Dwhy 

Did you switch to the 50 plan? If it is at the renewal date it will start on your renewal. If you want it right away you will have to switch immediately (it will not be prorated you will lose money for previous month). Alternatively you could use TextNow for free while you wait.

If you purchased add-on it's a 2 setup process, withdraw money go back than make the purchase.

If indeed you are on 50 plan or do have usa minutes but the calls are still not happening contact mods by private message to Moderator_Team (little envelope upper right corner)

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Dwhy 

Which exact add on did you purchase?  Are you traveling in the USA right now?  Or are you in Canada trying to call US?  

If you are in Canada, you want to purchase this add on to call USA:

1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes⁴   $15

If you are in USA, you want to purchase the 10 day roaming packages:

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.