Did you mean: 

Can you get more than 8gb

Pahblo121
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I get more than 8gb of data?

6 REPLIES 6

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They dont have any listed plans bigger then 8gigs,  but they have had special deals in the past for plans with more data. How more data do you need?  If its only a little bit you could go for the add-on, which does not expire until you use it up. Wait for a special promo....may never come. You could get another PM acct ( make sure you refer yourself). The last option is to find another carrier, but we dont want to see leave PM.

@Pahblo121 

As has been mentioned, if you occasionally need just a little bit more data to get to renewal and this isn’t. Monthly thing, the 1Gb add-ons are worth considering. Yes $15/1Gb seems expensive but it allows you to stay on a less expensive $50/8.5Gb plan normally and just buying an add-on as needed. Another benefit is the add-on doesn’t expire, what is left over when your plan renews is kept for the next time you exhaust your plan data a day or two early.

Also as mentioned, you can ask the moderators to renew your plan early if you just ran out of data. This resets your 30 day expiry to the day it renews but if you did this at day 20 repeatedly you effectively have a 12.75Gb (1.5 x 8.5Gb) for $75 ($72 with Autopay) every 30 days. Again the benefit being that you can drag renewal out until you actually run out of data. So maybe you actually make it to day 25 rather than day 20. Or data consumption drops one month and you make it to day 30 on your $50 plan rather than being locked in to a more expensive monthly plan cost.

Another variation of early renewal is switching plans early rather than renewing the same plan early. You can switch plans yourself rather than waiting for a moderator to renew your plan early. In your case you would logically switch to the $40/5Gb plan if your $50/8.5Gb plan ran out maybe a week or more too soon. Less than a week too soon I think I would use 1gb add-ons. A week or more too soon either get a moderation to renew your plan early or do it yourself changing to the $40/5Gb plan and then when it almost certainly runs out in less than 30 days you switch plans back to the $50 plan.

Bottom line is if you need At least 14-15Gb Every month switching to a Telus plan (or maybe Koodo?) would be the way to go. But if your need varies a fair bit there are many ways to work the system as I’ve pointed out. 

I get by on 250 Mb / $15 plan but everyone has their own needs and willingness to pay!

PS: Just noticed this is a 10 day old topic....

AE_Collector

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Last year in fall we had 10g for 60 and surely after that 12g for 60

I'm not sure why they let go of those plans many are waiting for something like that

If you are a bit shorter at the end of the cycle you could ask mods to renew early, but if you need much more I suggest considering Koodo.

A friend of mine got data only plan for the second sim. She's paying $15 for 4 gigs from freedom. If you are in good Fido reception area you could consider also their 3gigs for $15 data only plan. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pahblo121  how much extra data do you need? Do you always need this much?

One option is to top up your account when close to running out of data and have mods do an early renewal.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Pahblo121 if you're needing more data I would suggest moving to Telus. they have a promo going on right now for $80/85/20gb then 512kb throttled data after 20gb

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The $50:plan with 8GB is the largest data plan.  You could buy a data add-on for an additional 1GB for $15.

Need Help? Let's chat.