cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use my data

john18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I renewed my plan at the start of January and although I have all my data available I cannot use any of it. My phone simply says I have no internet connection when I attempt to do something. My APN is correct and I've tried reseting my phone. 

When I look at my plan it states that I have data available, but if I go to view my usage nothing appears. The only thing that has happened that is out of the ordinary is that I didn't autopay this most recent cycle and I had promotional data that ran out after I renewed my plan. Meaning once I ran out of promotional data my plan didn't switch back to the regular stuff. I'm at a loss for what to do. 

5 REPLIES 5

@john18 wrote:

My plan gives me 6 GB of data every 3 months. The plan costs $120. I have not been able to use any of the data.

For clarification, the overview page shows that I have data available but when I click view my usage nothing shows up. 

I suppose I should message the mods then?

To rule out any problems with your phone, do you have another phone to try the SIM card on?

Then yes you should submit a ticket to Mods.

john18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan gives me 6 GB of data every 3 months. The plan costs $120. I have not been able to use any of the data.

For clarification, the overview page shows that I have data available but when I click view my usage nothing shows up. 

I suppose I should message the mods then?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@john18 wrote:

I renewed my plan at the start of January and although I have all my data available I cannot use any of it. My phone simply says I have no internet connection when I attempt to do something. My APN is correct and I've tried reseting my phone. 

When I look at my plan it states that I have data available, but if I go to view my usage nothing appears. The only thing that has happened that is out of the ordinary is that I didn't autopay this most recent cycle and I had promotional data that ran out after I renewed my plan. Meaning once I ran out of promotional data my plan didn't switch back to the regular stuff. I'm at a loss for what to do. 

To rule out any problems with your phone, do you have another phone to try the SIM card on?

Or this could be a PM system glitch. If you can see data remaining on your account under "MY Data and Add-ons" but cannot access it, then you may contact Moderators.

To submit a ticket: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@john18:

On top of what @NDesai said, are you on the $15 plan by chance? Note that you get bonus data with autopay active, and since you didn't use autopay this month you will have less data than previous (autopay) months. With the $15 plan this means no data at all.

If you are aware of this and your Data is still visible under the 'My Data and Add-ons' section of the Overview page in Self Serve, then you should message the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@john18 Since you don't see anything on the Overview page or Usage details, it means you have consumed all data you had available. Check in your phone to see roughly how much you used. 

Need Help? Let's chat.