cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use my data?

ness
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got 8 gig of data when I signed up and paid for my plan and I haven't been able to access it even once but here doesn't seem to be any help, I'd like to use the 8 gigs I didn't get to use the ones I paid for or the sign up bonus this entire time any help would be appreciated so I don't have to switch providers and lose that money basically. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ness what is your phone's brand and model?  This can be helpful for people trying to help you resolve this.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@krazykiwi wrote:

@edmund wrote:

I'm sure it is likely something more complicated than this but I had that issue today and found that I had accidentally disabled my cell data in my iPhone settings. Once I flipped that switch back on it worked like a charm.

It may be that simple but until we get a reply we will never know...Smiley Indifferent

Exactly.  I don't understand why people asked the question and not hang around for reply.  May be people are thinking that PM commuinty forum is like other forum.  It will take a while to get a reply.

popping

@ness wrote:

I got 8 gig of data when I signed up and paid for my plan and I haven't been able to access it even once but here doesn't seem to be any help, I'd like to use the 8 gigs I didn't get to use the ones I paid for or the sign up bonus this entire time any help would be appreciated so I don't have to switch providers and lose that money basically. Thanks

1.  Login to your account.  Is your account status active?

2.  What phone are you using?

3.  Check your phone APN setting against the one listed in the following link

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

@edmund wrote:

I'm sure it is likely something more complicated than this but I had that issue today and found that I had accidentally disabled my cell data in my iPhone settings. Once I flipped that switch back on it worked like a charm.

It may be that simple but until we get a reply we will never know...Smiley Indifferent

edmund
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

What date did you sign up and activate with Public Mobile ? Are you able to take a screen shot of your plan and post it here...but edit out any personal info. Is your plan active ? Is talk and text working ?

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@ness wrote:

Hi and welcome. sorry you are having problems.

How long as it been since you had this issue? Is everything else working? Has data ever worked?

Need Help? Let's chat.