cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t talk but have talk feature

Chopperguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So. I fail a number and Public tells me I don’t have talk as a feature. But in my account it says I have it?

16 REPLIES 16

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Seriously --this is your advise?  Have you not bothered to read the posters comments? Are you just posting for the sake of posting in order to perhaps get a few $$$$ rewards?

The posters problem is a common issue and has been mentioned by others on several past posts so don't treat him/her/us as if we are all technology challenged.

BEER
Can’t talk but have talk feature

So. I fail a number and Public tells me I don’t have talk as a feature. But in my account it says I have it?

Chopperguy

Ah ok! Squared away.  It was a misdialed number.  Called someone in my contacts and all good 

@Chopperguy 

Is it for any number you try our just a particular number.

Can you triple check the area code, it may be misdial and you may be trying to reach USA number

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Chopperguy Are you trying to call long distance? The 40$ Plan is only canada wide talk. Long distance outside Canada dosent work. It will ask you to buy a long-distance addon. Thats the only time I receive that message. You should be able to talk to all of Canada

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Chopperguy wrote:

@Chopperguy  If  you dial an incorrect number then you will get that message. Just ignore it. You can also dial *611 from your phone to verify your plan details.

@Chopperguy wrote:

$40 per 30 days. It says I have unlimited talk.  Account is paid and up to date

That is odd. I would contact a moderator for assistance;

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

ddeep91

@Chopperguy 

If you log into your account online does it show you have Remaining talk minutes? 

Is it 1-800 number you are trying to call?

BearFBI

@Chopperguy Try adding a +1 infront of the number like @Staliger Suggested

Chopperguy

Ok will do!

Chopperguy

$40 per 30 days. It says I have unlimited talk.  Account is paid and up to date

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Chopperguy Try to add +1 in front of the number you call.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Chopperguy wrote:

@Chopperguy   What plan are you on?  If you're on the $10 or $15 plan with limited minutes you may have used up all your available minutes and would need to add $5/500 Canadian mins to you account which only get used when you've depleted the plan mins, the remaining mins will keep rolling over until completely used up.

Also have you tried adding +1 in front of the numbers you are calling?

BearFBI

@Chopperguy What plan are you on? If you have limited minutes you might have used all them up. I suggest buying a 5$ Canada wide 500Min addon. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

What plan are you on?

What is your status?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Chopperguy wrote:

Are you on the $15 plan? With the $15 plan you are limited to 100 outgoing minutes. Seconds are rounded up to the closest minute. (eg. A 10 second call is rounded up to 1 minute). As well, checking your voicemail with your phone will use up outgoing minutes too. You can use another phone to check your voicemail. Dial your number and press * at the greeting. You can also purchase an add on in self service of 500 minutes for $5. The unused portion is rolled over from month to month until it is used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.