cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set up voicemail due to this message

uwu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I just activated my 25/month plan with Public Mobile today.

I am unable to set up my voicemail. I tried holding 1/calling my own number but instead of being prompted to set it up I get this message: "Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on".

Please let me know any solutions thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@uwu wrote:

I am unable to set up my voicemail. I tried holding 1/calling my own number but instead of being prompted to set it up I get this message: "Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on".

If new account, restart phone so network can push update for voice mail number. The number saved could be wrong.

.another number you can call is 438-580-4001

Anonymous
Not applicable

@uwu wrote:

611 won't get you to your voicemail.

Can you dial any other numbers?

Perhaps check the call forwarding voicemail numbers. Maybe they didn't get picked up. As above and maybe add 1 in front of the area code. Calling the number directly should work but pressing and holding the 1 key is pretty standard. Calling your number from another phone will only work for setting up if you reset the voicemail password from the self-serve.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@uwu wrote:

@uwu What happens when you dial area code + 580-4001?

Vietflava
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, maybe you should try dialing 611 and set up the voicemail that way.

Need Help? Let's chat.