cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive texts

feyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I try to send or receive a text message, I get a text from PM saying my plan doesn't have texting, but it does. My plan includes:

- 1GB Data
- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
- Unlimited International Text

I have autopay, I have made no changes to my plan and I could receive text messages yesterday. What is going on?

5 REPLIES 5

@kalpesh9 wrote:

you wanna check your apn settings, Public mobile apn setting is different from Telus. if that doesnt work then reset the phone 

I respect your desire to be helpful.  Providing wrong advice is counter productive.  APN settings only matter for data and MMS which relies on mobile data.  As long as the phone gets a network connection, calls and text messages will work.

kalpesh9

you wanna check your apn settings, Public mobile apn setting is different from Telus. if that doesnt work then reset the phone 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@feyn There's a bug about. Robot Sad

Please try this to reset your account: 

1. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Suspend Service >> logout

2. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Resume Service >> logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

No joy, then click this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

feyn

No, unfortunately I do not have another phone.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@feyn wrote:

When I try to send or receive a text message, I get a text from PM saying my plan doesn't have texting, but it does. My plan includes:

- 1GB Data
- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
- Unlimited International Text

I have autopay, I have made no changes to my plan and I could receive text messages yesterday. What is going on?

It would be good to verify if it's your SIM or your phone. Can you test your SIM in a different phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.