cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive SMS since upgrading plan

jhawthorn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This weekend I realized I have had no SMS since I changed my plan in November. I stopped being able to send or receive texts exactly on the day my plan changed. Neither sending or receiving SMS works.

My new plan is:

My Plan
Pick & Pay
This plan includes:
- 12GB Data
- Expired
- Unlimited International Text
- Unlimited Provincial Talk

So that should be able to send and receive texts. I am able to send and receive MMS messages (which go vagualy through data, not SMS), and I just received an SMS from 611 teeling me about my upcoming renewal.

I have tried in a different phone, and SMS worked the very day before my plan changed over, so this definitely seems like an issue on Public Mobile's end.

12 REPLIES 12

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BeckaLynn

Looks like they sent a private message to a moderator to resolve the problem..

BeckaLynn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How was it fixed?

@jhawthorn wrote:

This was eventually solved via PM. The issue was apparently:

your plan was never properly changed

Which is outrageous. Such a thing shouldn't be possible. At least it is fixed now.

jhawthorn

This was eventually solved via PM. The issue was apparently:

your plan was never properly changed

Which is outrageous. Such a thing shouldn't be possible. At least it is fixed now.

@jhawthorn Any resolution yet?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

They may be working a holiday shorten schedule today.  Anyway, I added the moderators to my friends list so that way I can quickly check their online status easily.  You might consider doing that as well. 

@jhawthorn wrote:

I'm confused. Coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST), but I left a PM 3 hours ago and have had no reply. None of the mods seem to have been online in the last 3 hours. Is there another way to receive support?

arkw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I recall reading in the PM thread on Red Flag Deals that the LG G3 and LG G4 has to be factory reset to get SMS to work, but there were people who said it worked fine. I was one of those who had a LG G3 (D855) which worked without a reset. Unfortunately, a week later, I got the bootloop and then hard bricked shortly after.

I'll try to find the thread.

Edit: I was wrong, it was data not SMS. 

jhawthorn

I'm confused. Coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST), but I left a PM 3 hours ago and have had no reply. None of the mods seem to have been online in the last 3 hours. Is there another way to receive support?

jhawthorn

The expired is simply that the promo plan, that is no longer available, and i shows expired on all fall promo accounts.

Okay, that's good news. That makes sense.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The expired is simply that the promo plan, that is no longer available, and i shows expired on all fall promo accounts.

Since calling & data work, and you replicated the issue in another phone it seems texting was not added to your plan. Unfortunately then, you will need moderator assistance. Send any one of them a private message ( @Saray_O for example) with your phone number and an explanation. Coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

jhawthorn

a) What is make/model of your phone?

LG G3

b) Did you try texting with your SIM in another phone?

I did, quickly tried a galaxy S something..., same issue.

c) Is today your renewal day? That screenshot says your plan expired.

It's not. "AutoPay Next Payment Date: Feb 22, 2017"

I'm on autopay and have paid for the current 3 month period (for which it turns out I have not been receiveing the SMS service I paid for).

I don't know why it would say "expired" this is a plan that was just switched to (I am on the first 3 month period of it, the previous plan was 1GB). The plan I switched to was the "Fall 2016 Promo", maybe that promo has expired.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

a) What is make/model of your phone?

b) Did you try texting with your SIM in another phone?

c) Is today your renewal day? That screenshot says your plan expired.

Need Help? Let's chat.