cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see the top-up

tinattho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Back in April, I purchased a one GB add-on on top of my $15-monthly plan. The transaction went through and I was charged $15, as I expected. In my transaction history, I can see

Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit under Credit (Payments)

However, when I look at my data and my adds-on, I still can't see that one GB I purchased. I know Public Mobile shows that if the feature isn't listed, it means that I've used it all up, but I know that I didn't use it.

Has it happened to anyone? What should I do considering I didn't touch the one GB I purchased within Canada and I was charged for it?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

@tinattho

You should see the 1GB Data Add on in your payment history otherwise your funds you added to your account when you thought you were purchasing the add on were used for your next renewal.

Screenshot_20200512-184415~2.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @tinattho 

Are you sure you didn't use bits of it up over the past few months? The addon will continue to roll over each cycle.

So if you used 250mb plan + 200mb of your addon, than your addon would carry over to your next cycle with 800mb.

Install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track. Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detailsid=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me exactly what I need from it.

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

Managing Your Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tinattho  Buying purchase is a 2 steps purchase, load fund and actual buying of the add-on.  Many people miss the 2nd step.

But it has been too long, April.  If you have load fund and didn't do step 2, the fund will be there as Available Fund and will be used for your May plan payment.

couple things you can check.  Do you see the 1GB Add-on on the Overview Tab of My Account?  If not, it's either you didn't do step 2 to buy or you already used them all up

If you don't mind you can post your Transaction history from April so we can help.

Of you can go to Usage History, filter the history from April, sort by Web and try to see if you have used up 2GB or more (assuming you have 1GB  add-ons+ 2x500Mb from the regular plan for 2 months plan)

@tinattho wrote:

Back in April, I purchased a one GB add-on on top of my $15-monthly plan. The transaction went through and I was charged $15, as I expected. In my transaction history, I can see

Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit under Credit (Payments)

However, when I look at my data and my adds-on, I still can't see that one GB I purchased. I know Public Mobile shows that if the feature isn't listed, it means that I've used it all up, but I know that I didn't use it.

Has it happened to anyone? What should I do considering I didn't touch the one GB I purchased within Canada and I was charged for it?

It wouldn't take long to uae 1GB if using bandwidth intensibe activities.  Did you first top up before trying to buy the add-on?  If not, the process did not give you add-on. It woiuld have only made a $15 top up to your account balance.  If there no entry in your payment history deducting $15 from your Public Mobile account balance, that's likely what happened.

Need Help? Let's chat.