cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive verification code texts

melimassiel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone. I have a couple of questions. I have an unlimited talk and text plan but when I want to call certain numbers (1800s) or certain customer service . It says my plan does not support that. Also, I have been trying to register to a couple of apps. Those apps require my phone number to register and verify the number. And I get either ; your phone cannot be verified, this is an invalid number or I never receive the code through text. Any idea why that may be 

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

@melimassiel Try changing your number you can do that once every 30 day cycle from within your self service account. Look for a 778  area code. 20200723_093448.jpg

One thing to look for.  Its the second set of numbers that determine wether your number is local or not. Ie xxx yyy xxxx. Please check the CNAC website to check if your number is local or not http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm . If you have a lot of local contacts with landlines. Or  a buzzer in an apartment building. Etc. Stay safe 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@melimassiel  For the 1-800 number check to see if a local number is available. If not, make sure the 1-800 is correct.

As for the verification code. If you ported your number from another provider it can take up to 48 hours to start receiving them.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@melimassiel 

1.  Restart your phone after inserting your new PM SIM card in your phone and let it configure your phone automatically.  Call the 1-800 toll free number again.  Report result.

2.  For new area code, other providers may not update their system for the new area code.  This may be why other app may not know the new area code.  If this is the case, PM cannot do much about it until their system is updated.  You can change your number with an old area code.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@melimassiel if you have a new area code, like 672, it would be better to change your number with an older code. If not, then contact mods and ask them to restart your account from their end. After that, reset your phone.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@melimassiel wrote:

Hi everyone. I have a couple of questions. I have an unlimited talk and text plan but when I want to call certain numbers (1800s) or certain customer service . It says my plan does not support that. Also, I have been trying to register to a couple of apps. Those apps require my phone number to register and verify the number. And I get either ; your phone cannot be verified, this is an invalid number or I never receive the code through text. Any idea why that may be 

Thanks 

@melimassiel If everything is working except verification SMS, I suggest perhaps trying a different messaging app. if that doesn't work contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator   check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @melimassiel ,

Are you area code 672, by any chance?

Some issues have been reported with this area code. 

Maybe it is an account provisioning issue? Perhaps contact the Moderator_Team to inquire via private message using this link.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@melimassiel it could that the area code that you have is a new one and may not have been set up in some of the 1800 or app settings yet. What's your area code? Thanks. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.