cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts, can send fine

Irelandtmd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any advice? I can send texts and make and receive calls with no issues. But I can't get incoming texts. Haven't changed rate plans or phones or anything like that just started happening out of the blue this afternoon. Did recently get back from a trip to the USA with a ten day package but doubt that's related. Phone is a xiaomi mi 2 lite

7 REPLIES 7

@srlawren wrote:

@LovesToPM It's the restarting that "fixes" it.  Technically it fixes nothing, but some phones need the restart in order to recognize that the network side has fixed itself (by way of removing the expired add-on from your account)

I wonder if just toggling airplane mode would be sufficient. This also makes the phone "logoff" and "logon" the network again...

Family member had the same issue. Restarting phone did not fix the issue.

Had to get Moderator involved who did try a few times. At first, re removed the roaming the add-on and asked to restart our phone, still not receiving texts. He finally did some sort of reset in the backend (he did not want to divulge details) and asked to restart our phone. After his last reset, text messages started coming in without needing to restart the phone.

Afterwards I heard about people on here getting the issue resolved by turning on data roaming and restarting phone. My first reaction was wth... If people can test this out and give feedback, it would be great.

Hopefully PM will permanently resolve this issue soon. In the meantime, it seems to be getting worse.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LovesToPM wrote:

@Irelandtmd 

Try this fix. Others have reported that it works for them.

Turn data roaming back on. Then restart your phone.

@LovesToPM It's the restarting that "fixes" it.  Technically it fixes nothing, but some phones need the restart in order to recognize that the network side has fixed itself (by way of removing the expired add-on from your account)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Irelandtmd 

Try this fix. Others have reported that it works for them.

Turn data roaming back on. Then restart your phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Irelandtmd  Known issue with the US Roaming addon and not being able to receive textd upon return.

Most of the time the issue resolves itself within 24 hours but other customers are reporting lately that it is taking longer. 

Best to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to remove the addon from your account.

stpm-new.png

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Irelandtmd wrote:

Any advice? I can send texts and make and receive calls with no issues. But I can't get incoming texts. Haven't changed rate plans or phones or anything like that just started happening out of the blue this afternoon. Did recently get back from a trip to the USA with a ten day package but doubt that's related. Phone is a xiaomi mi 2 lite

Known bug. It will fix itself in 24 hours but send ticket to moderator and hope they fix faster. Click the question mark.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

For some reason after having the USA add-on it can screw up things, you probably want to contact Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.