cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can't receive text

I am having issues with my text. I can send them and people get them.  When they answer I don't get anything.  They call me an hour later asking why I never answred text. How do I fix issue?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Can't receive text

What kinda plan do you have ? Do you have a limited amount of texts ?

@tehowennathe wrote:

I am having issues with my text. I can send them and people get them.  When they answer I don't get anything.  They call me an hour later asking why I never answred text. How do I fix issue?

Hey how you doing. Have you turned on mobile data in setting on your phone?

Your account is active and you have not used up all your text if you are on the $10 plan. Happened to me. Good Luck Lemew

I have unlimited text.  Data is turned on and works fine. I removed sim card and put back in. I can get calls. Family members get my text but I don't get theirs.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tehowennathe wrote:

I have unlimited text.  Data is turned on and works fine. I removed sim card and put back in. I can get calls. Family members get my text but I don't get theirs.

Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features again.  Goold luck.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

you could always try the Lost/Stolen remedy. Click on My Account, Add-ons and click Lost/Stolen. Report lost and log out. In a few minutes log back in and report found. Good luck. Let us know if it works.

Ok I am trying it. Will update you once done 

Mayor / Maire

You don't mention what phone you and the senders are using...

I have no experience with the different layers of iMessage.

If you are on Android you could give a different texting app like Google's Messages a try.

Some people like Textra, but be sure that you are ok with their privacy policy.

I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 and using Samsung messeges. One person using iphone 6 and iMessenger. Other is a Galaxy S8 using Textnow. Lost stolen did nothing 

I tried switching sim card slots as my phone is dual sim. That didn't do anything.