cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive text

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am having issues with my text. I can send them and people get them.  When they answer I don't get anything.  They call me an hour later asking why I never answred text. How do I fix issue?

25 REPLIES 25

tehowennathe

It fixed its self.  Still don't know why it did that when my plan is $50 unlimited talk 8GB data. Never done that before.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If your on the $10 plan, it may be because you used up all of your 50 outgoing texts but you would still receive incoming texts.

tehowennathe

Update: text issue seemed to resolve it's self. That leads me to believe that it may of been a network issue. What ever it was I'm glad it works.

tehowennathe

The issue isn't with my phone. I put sim in my old QUE 4.5 and still nothing. Hopefully mods can fix.

MartinB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thankyou messaged them directly, 

thanks so much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tehowennathe wrote:

SMSC?

From the link I posted for you.

tehowennathe

SMSC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tehowennathe wrote:

I contacted a Member of the mod team

Good. Did you try the SMSC thing?

tehowennathe

I contacted a Member of the mod team

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tehowennathe wrote:

I did a factory reset and it did nothing.  I tried using FB messenger and text never come in.

This worked for somebody a couple days ago but not for someone earlier today.

tehowennathe

I did a factory reset and it did nothing.  I tried using FB messenger and text never come in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster wrote:

@MartinB wrote:

Hey can someone tell me a moderator that is working today and tag them?? I accidentally did a data only plan, and I was looking to add voice and text 3gb as it is the same price...

hopefully they can rectify my mistake 

@MartinB 

Always better to start your own topic.

You need to send a private message to the moderator_team.

Yes. In forum-speak it's called thread-jacking. If you were adding on with your own same problem then sorta fine though not really. But not a whole different problem. It's a forum etiquette thing.

@MartinB wrote:

Hey can someone tell me a moderator that is working today and tag them?? I accidentally did a data only plan, and I was looking to add voice and text 3gb as it is the same price...

@MartinB 

Always better to start your own topic.

You need to send a private message to the moderator_team. 

Please be aware that they are working on a first come, first serve basis, and will get back to you as soon a they can.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

MartinB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Try using a different SMS app.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tehowennathe wrote:

I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 and using Samsung messeges. One person using iphone 6 and iMessenger. Other is a Galaxy S8 using Textnow. Lost stolen did nothing 

The lost/stolen trick is worth a try. 

I am running out of idea.  Backup your phone and do a factory reset.  It is up to you whether you want to try or not.  

Note:  Before doing factory reset, test your PM SIM card with your friend's phone.

tehowennathe

I tried switching sim card slots as my phone is dual sim. That didn't do anything. 

tehowennathe

I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 and using Samsung messeges. One person using iphone 6 and iMessenger. Other is a Galaxy S8 using Textnow. Lost stolen did nothing 

You don't mention what phone you and the senders are using...

I have no experience with the different layers of iMessage.

If you are on Android you could give a different texting app like Google's Messages a try.

Some people like Textra, but be sure that you are ok with their privacy policy.

tehowennathe

Ok I am trying it. Will update you once done 

you could always try the Lost/Stolen remedy. Click on My Account, Add-ons and click Lost/Stolen. Report lost and log out. In a few minutes log back in and report found. Good luck. Let us know if it works.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tehowennathe wrote:

I have unlimited text.  Data is turned on and works fine. I removed sim card and put back in. I can get calls. Family members get my text but I don't get theirs.

Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features again.  Goold luck.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

tehowennathe

I have unlimited text.  Data is turned on and works fine. I removed sim card and put back in. I can get calls. Family members get my text but I don't get theirs.

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@tehowennathe wrote:

I am having issues with my text. I can send them and people get them.  When they answer I don't get anything.  They call me an hour later asking why I never answred text. How do I fix issue?

Hey how you doing. Have you turned on mobile data in setting on your phone?

Your account is active and you have not used up all your text if you are on the $10 plan. Happened to me. Good Luck Lemew

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

What kinda plan do you have ? Do you have a limited amount of texts ?

Need Help? Let's chat.