cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive phone calls, texts, and unable to use data

canadapanda
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently able to make phone calls and text, but unable to receive them. Another problem is the fact that data can’t be used. 

I was previously using speak out. 

( I am currently using iPhone 7, and I transferred my number from speak out)

9 REPLIES 9

canadapanda

Thanks everybody!

it works now.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@VEYSELHALIL999 wrote:

Hi i want to ask you why i don't have Data this month ? My plan is : $50 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data

@VEYSELHALIL999In order to use your data, you have to set up APN first. 

SET UP DATA ON AN ANDROID PHONE 

Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:1) Tap:

• Settings
  • More
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings

2) Input this info:

3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, and you’re good to go!

If you are using iPhone, you can click the following link:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VEYSELHALIL999 wrote:

Hi i want to ask you why i don't have Data this month ? My plan is : $50 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data

Maybe you used all your data.

If you don't see mention of data in the data and add-ons area lower down on your overview page then you've consumed it all.

VEYSELHALIL999

canadapanda

Thank you.

I can can use data now.

but still can’t receive calls and texts.

I’m going to use my old sim until public Mobile works.

canadapanda

Thank you.

I has just sent them a message .

I’m waiting their reply.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@canadapanda wrote:

I am currently able to make phone calls and text, but unable to receive them. Another problem is the fact that data can’t be used. 

If you asked for your port just 2 or 3 hours ago it’s normal that’s not finished. But if it’s more than that it’s probably a non finished port and you need help from the moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@canadapanda 

You should also be able to stick your old sim card in and still works, keep using it until it stops working, then your new public mobile sim should have incoming calls working

As for your data, you most likely just need to set up the APN, but for now keep using speakout till it stops working, then we can help you with the data when you start using the public mobile sim full time.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@canadapanda wrote:

@canadapanda If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

If the issue continues you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 8am-12am (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 8AM-10PM (EDT) and its usually within 48 hours, lately much faster.

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.