cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls/Text?

lexhph
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just ported from Freedom to Public, but currently am unable to receive any text or calls? Furthermore, I am not seeing the bonus 6GB of data on top of the selected 6GB plan?

Please advise, Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

mgraced
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear Moderator,

I need help pls. When someone calls me it says, my phone # is not assigned. I can't receive txts and calls. I got a $25 plan for 30 days with Public Mobile which covers unlimited canada wide- calls and texts and unlimited international texts, I just got this 3 days ago. I was thinking to do autopay if the service is good. Pls reply asap.

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
No problem and welcome to public mobile.

lexhph
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got rid of the Regex problem! Fingers crossed for the current receiving text/call issue to be resolved within a few hours

Thanks for the kind assistance 🙂

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

@lexhph wrote:

Hi,

I just ported from Freedom to Public, but currently am unable to receive any text or calls? Furthermore, I am not seeing the bonus 6GB of data on top of the selected 6GB plan?

Please advise, Thanks!

Please read the promotion post in the announces.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Competitive-Response-Limited-Tim...

The 6 extra GB will follow 48-72 hours later. (Just give it time maybe a week or two)

Did you get rid of the regex problem ?

Porting from Freedom usually can take from 15 minutes to 3 hours, so give it time, the SIM cards will not be active immediatly, Once the porting is over you will receive a text from PM saying the porting is over. 

For now keep using your old SIM until it stops. Hopefully it should go with no issues

Good luck 🙂

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
You still under porting process that's why wait an hour or So. And then reboot your phone also you will receive a text on your phone when porting process get completed.
And 6gb bonus data will be added automatically within 72 hours.

Also mean while you can try your freedom sim probably still active
Reason you are unable to receive text and calls because they still going to your freedom sim. But once you receive a text then everything will get settle down.

Wait 2 or 3 hours if still not able to receive calls and text then reboot and if that's doesn't help then send a msg to mod.

Send your email address
Phone number
Explanation of issues

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

Hopefully they will get back to you soon. Thx
Need Help? Let's chat.