cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive MMS texts

NIexile1970
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, a number of people have tried to send me pics and I can't download them but the plan says they are included. I have just tried to text two people as a text and it became an MMS message and wouldn't send....any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5

NIexile1970
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the message - the data is on.

@slash407 wrote:

u need to setup ur apn, and leave ur data on when sending the mms, make sure when u add the apn that everythins exact

Repeating the info in prior posts, especially hours old, does not constitute a useful addition to any thread. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NIexile1970 wrote:

Hi there, a number of people have tried to send me pics and I can't download them but the plan says they are included. I have just tried to text two people as a text and it became an MMS message and wouldn't send....any thoughts?

Make surre  that both DATA and MMS messaging are enabled on your PHONE SETTINGS. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@NIexile1970  Turn your data on and see if you can receive them, you usually need to have data on to send MMS as well.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NIexile1970 

If your sms was converted to MMS by your phone you either have the setting on that does that, chose to send it as mms or included a non standard message attachment like a gif or image or subject or audio file.

As for it not working It most likely is you need to update the APN settings/search for the network manually.

In your phone settings under Mobile Network --> Carrier --> select Manually search for network and click on Public Mobile

For APN, it would be under Mobile Network --> Access Point Names

Add a new APN and enter the Public Mobile details -->https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile Heres a great website to search APN settings !

Need Help? Let's chat.