cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't place phone call

Maud1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I am not able to place phone calls. When I go on the public mobile website, I am not able to see my plan and if I have used all my plan. 

19 REPLIES 19

@Maud1 wrote:

Yes, Status is active. I have a 25 dollars plan. When I try to see my plan on my account page the page says something went wrong, this since last night. 

When I try to make phone calls, it looks like I don't have a signal anymore (before placing a call,I have 4 barres here) and nothing happens. 

Can't receive incoming calls,goes to my voicemail directly.

I wonder if you are in an area with LTE service, but no 3G service (aka HSPA or WCDMA). Public Mobile doesn't do Voice over LTE in Canada, so needs to switch to the 3G network for a phone call. You can test this by going into the mobile network settings on your phone and disable LTE setting 3G/WCDMA/HSPA only - and see if you get signal. If you lose signal, then your current network may have decomissioned their 3G towers recently. you may have to try switching to another network IE Tmobile or AT&T if they show in the mobile operators list...

@Maud1 

Edit:

Oops wrong intro......ignore what I edited out....got my OP's mixed up!

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Maud1 

1. Check your network settings.
  2. Reset them if necessary.
  3. Remove your sim card for 10 minutes. Reseat sim card and Reboot.
  4. Optional....Log in. Go to plans page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume. Log out. Reboot. (This will cause your rewards to not apply on renewal you will have to contact the moderators to have them applied manually.

After testing for calling after each point you still do not have calls then only a reprovision of your sim card and an account reset on the moderator side of your account will fix the issue. 

Edit: 

Contact the moderators by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type "sim not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. 

Keep an eye on your private message bx at the top right corner of your screen for a message from the moderstors. Should be less than an hour. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

@Maud1 

For your account....

1. Clear your browser. 
  2.  Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret incognito mode.
  5.  Firefox, chrome or safari work best.

Did you renew yesterday or activate? Or have you been a customer for awhile?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maud1 

do you can try it your SIM card with another device to you make sure your device issue or the SIM network issue

@Maud1 

@Maud1 wrote:

Yes, Status is active. I have a 25 dollars plan. When I try to see my plan on my account page the page says something went wrong, this since last night. 

When I try to make phone calls, it looks like I don't have a signal anymore (before placing a call,I have 4 barres here) and nothing happens. 

Interesting that your data and texts work fine. 

You can try some basic troubleshooting tips:

reboot phone

toggle airplane mode on, then off

network reset of phone.  

Maud1

@Maud1 wrote:

I had public mobile for a while now,but I went overseas and change my SIM. I just came back put my PUBLIC mobile SIM and can't place phone calls anymore. Data and text are working fine

@Maud1  when you logo to My Account? can you  confirm if it is showing status Active?

Also, what plan do you have ?  $15?  just wondering if any chance you minutes are used up

When you make outgoing calls, what is the error message?

and can you receive incoming calls?

Also, if possible, try to place your PM SIM in another phone and test.  Just to confirm it is not a phone issue.

Maud1

I had public mobile for a while now,but I went overseas and change my SIM. I just came back put my PUBLIC mobile SIM and can't place phone calls anymore. Data and text are working fine

Maud1

It's a used phone, Galaxy. S6

@Maud1 wrote:

it redirects me to sprint and tells me to check my screen which has nothing except Call Sprint Care

@Maud1  were you ever able to make phone calls with PM SIM on this phone? or you just joined PM and first time testing outgoing calls? or you just changed this phone?

Are you trying to call a local Canadian number and was told to call Sprint?  What was the exact message?

@Maud1 

Do you have a sprint locked phone? You would have to call them to get it unlocked.

Edit: Were you a customer or did you buy the phone used? Whats the make and model?

Maud1

it redirects me to sprint and tells me to check my screen which has nothing except Call Sprint Care

@Maud1 

Are you on the $15 plan with 100 outgoing minutes? If all your other services work then you have used all of your outgoing minutes up if you can't see your 100/100 minute counter in your account.

Add $5 to your account balance. Then go to the plan and add ons page. Scroll down and choose the $5/500 min add on. Then scroll to the bottom and confirm and submit your payment.

The $5/500 min add on is a one time purchase that will stay on your account supplementing your plan minutes until it is completely used up. At $0.01 a minute its s bargain.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Maud1 , which plan do you have?  When you say you can't see your plan, does that mean you can't get into the self serve account?  If so, did you get locked out due to password problems? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Maud1  how long you had that issue?  When was the last time you aware that it works?

You said you can't place a call.. what was the message you got?  did it say you minutes are all used up? or other message?

What kind of plan you have? 

can you receive in coming calls ? how about data?

You try reboot your phone?  What is showing on top of the phone screen?  does it say Public Mobile? how about the signal status?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maud1 

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and use a Browser from your computer,
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

and Restart your computer, is will help.

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

Which plan do you have ?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Maud1....dail 611 to get a status update or to pay using your on file credit / debit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.