cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make phone calls in USA

Polyian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased the $60 plan in order to have data, calls and txt in the USA. I’m down here and my data works but no phone calls. All I get is three beeps when I try to make a call. Can someone fix this, I bought the roaming service because I need a phone down here.

36 REPLIES 36

Polyian

The suggestion to switch carriers fixed my problem. Automatic had selected T Mobile and I switch to ATT and all is good.

thanks everyone 

TK123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

From another posting about a similar problem on this plan.

First. Power off your Phone and Back On. When you switch on to a different carrier, sometimes the APN (Internet stuff on the network side) isn't always pushed to your phone.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest manually selecting AT&T or T-Mobile as the other person mentioned. This in theory should force the APN settings on to your phone.

If you are still stuck, the only other thing I can suggest is to Call Public in the AM - or chat online private message while on WiFi (because LTE/3G isn't working) to see if something is stuck on the backend.

There isn't a whole lot more I can think of trying out at the moment. I mean you could try to manually enter the APN for AT&T or T-Mobile however if you aren't 'advanced' to some degree then it may be a bit tough. If you do go that route, just Google "AT&T APN Settings" or "T-Mobile APN Settings".

Where you enter the information varies by phone, but a quick search should put you in the right direction. I don't believe iPhone users can manually enter this information....

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@PolyianWhich provider are you connected? Try switching to another one eg AT&T or TMobile.

Polyian

I am calling the 425 area code and I tried both with and without a one in front of the number

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Polyian wrote:

I purchased the $60 plan in order to have data, calls and txt in the USA. I’m down here and my data works but no phone calls. All I get is three beeps when I try to make a call. Can someone fix this, I bought the roaming service because I need a phone down here.

Some area codes are not covered by the plan. I wonder if you happen to be dealing with one of those areas where PM doesn't have exchange service.

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Polyian wrote:

Could it be as simple as adding a 1 in front of the number? Is it any call or just one?

Need Help? Let's chat.