Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make outgoing calls

lubna46
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help. 
As of this morning, I am unable to make outgoing calls. I have the $15 plan with 250 mb + 1GB bonus and 100 minutes. My account is paid current and I have not used all my minutes. I am trying to make a local call and get a message stating not covered in plan. 
I have restarted phone, turned off and on, reset the settings, but nothing works. Incoming calls are ok. Data works. Texts message works, just no outgoing calls. 

Please help!

19 REPLIES 19

@Kaleden 

To save minutes on checking voicemail you can do the following as suggested by @gblackma in another thread:

I'm on the same plan and to save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

Kaleden

Awesome reply. Thank you!  I to was having this same issue. Guess all 100 minutes was used up. Strange they just disappear rather than showing 100/100 used. 
Great news to hear of the $5 for 500 minutes top up - which DOESN'T EXPIRE!!   Expected that to be per month!  These replies were valuable and much appreciated. Thank you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lubna46 

You should have received a text from 611 saying that you have 10 minutes left.

The $5 add-on is a terrific deal for this plan (and the obsolete $10 plan).

@mobileguy wrote:

I also have the $15 plan but don't have the 1gb bonus.  Was that an older plan that was being offered?

No, that 1GB bonus wasn't an older plan, but was a Holiday Giveaway that PM did before Christmas - it was 400 Long Distance minutes, and 1GB of data. I signed up shortly before that, and got a couple of freebies right away, so the timing was pretty good on that. 👍 

@lubna46  Always a good idea to have a moderator look into whether your outgoing calls are being properly accounted. Did you receive a text message warning you were at 90% of minutes used? If not it could be a sign that there is an issue. But as suggested the $5/500 min add on is incredibly cheap and eliminates the frustration of running out of plan minutes. It stays on your account until it runs out so it's great insurance that can last a year or more depending on your usage.

@lubna46 

The following information is off the help article:

TalkTalk minutes are counted whenever you make or receive calls on your phone. Talk time is calculated from the start of a call to when it is disconnected, and includes ring time and call routing. Total call time is always rounded up to the nearest minute. Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes.
          Use Minutes                                   Doesn't Use Minutes
Making a callCalling *611 (the IVR)
Answering a call (not $15 plan)Making or receiving calls from 911
Retrieving voicemail messagesUsing calling apps when connected to Wifi
Using call forwarding 

As stated above, buying the $5 add on for 500 Cdn minutes works very well with the $15 limited talk plan.  

lubna46

This makes more sense. Possibly more than allotted minutes if I look for past 30 days. Thanks. I have messaged moderators for confirmation. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Usually the counter is accurate but things do happen. Contact moderators to check it.

In a meantime download TextNow app and you will have unlimited calls to USA and Canada, restrict background data.

Another option is to download hangouts dialer and set yet number as outbound caller ID, most of people won't even know you didn't call from your cell, call qualities is not bad at all

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@lubna46  just one more thought. The minutes are not month to month. The plan is 30 days..so you have to calculate your minutes used from last payment date to present.

You can do this by logging into your account and under "change plan* click "view my usage".. it will show you all calls, text, data that has been used. 

Double check that and if it still does not add up. Then moderators will have to look into it.

lubna46

Yes, rounded up. 

@lubna46 wrote:

It doesn't show minutes under data/add ons, but I reviewed my log and it only adds to around 30 minutes. 

Did you round all calls up to the next minute? As stated everything is rounded up so 4 min 5 seconds is 5 minutes

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

lubna46

403. As mentioned on my post, making local call to 403 area code 

@lubna46 wrote:

It doesn't show minutes under data/add ons, but I reviewed my log and it only adds to around 30 minutes. 

@lubna46 

You will have to contact Moderators then to look into it for you.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@lubna46  If you have used up all your minutes the 500 minutes for $5 Canada wide addon is a good one to get. Its a 2 step process to buy it , add the funds then purchase the addon. 

Your calls are counted by the minute ie a 1min 2second call is counted as 2 minutes and voicemail calls also count against your 100 minutes.

lubna46

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I also have the $15 plan but don't have the 1gb bonus.  Was that an older plan that was being offered?

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lubna46 wrote:

Hello,

As of this morning, I am unable to make outgoing calls. I have the $15 plan with 250 mb + 1GB bonus and 100 minutes. My account is paid current and I have not used all my minutes. I am trying to make a local call and get a message stating not covered in plan. 
I have restarted phone, turned off and on, reset the settings, but nothing works. Incoming calls are ok. Data works. Texts message works, just no outgoing calls. 

Please help!

@lubna46 , what is the area code for your PM account and what area code are you trying to call?  And where are you located when trying to make this call?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Does it show you any minutes there? Like 54 minutes of 100?

If nothing is there it means you used all your minutes..

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@lubna46 wrote:

Hello,

Please help!

You are sure you haven't used up all of your calling minutes?  If you log into the self-serve check under add-ons you should see Canada wide calling **/100.  If there is nothing there you have used up all of your calling minutes

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.