cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make or receive calls. Tells me I need a long distance add on

Djsherman1983
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

Every time I try to places call. A recording comes on telling my, it’s long distance and I don’t have a long distance add on. If someone tries calling me, it goes to voicemail. I have unlimited Provience wide calling. The numbers I’m calling are local or toll free. I’ve message support many times. They haven’t answered. I’ve reset my phone. I’ve removed the SIM card. I’ve been trying to get help for almost 24 hours. I’m going to go crazy!

5 REPLIES 5

@Djsherman1983 wrote:

What else can I do? What is a reasonable time to wait? I received on message asking to verify myself, which I did. But they still haven’t responded. Just really need my phone as I have three small children and my partner works in a different country. My cell phone is our only form of communication 

For the future, or if still an issue, you may wish to consider the ideas in this article: 100% SERVICE

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Djsherman1983

@Djsherman1983 wrote:

What else can I do?  My cell phone is our only form of communication

Just so you know, you can get a free 2nd phone number that works on Wifi when public mobile service is not working. Look at the app Fongo.

The wait times- I am sorry I know it sucks. 😞 They are really busy but working hard to respond to each inquiry. Support staff is small but that’s why this service is such low cost. Rest assured you WILL be taken care of.

The more messages you send the more backlog is created due to time the moderator team has to spend searching through the messages. Or it pushes you all the way down the queue the right to the end of the line. They have officially said both so I don't know which way it is. But what both messages do explain is multiple messages will slow down a response. So please be patient.

@Djsherman1983 wrote:

What else can I do? What is a reasonable time to wait? I received on message asking to verify myself, which I did. But they still haven’t responded. Just really need my phone as I have three small children and my partner works in a different country. My cell phone is our only form of communication 

If you have been asked to verify your account, you should be at or near the front of the line.  Anyway, this knowledge base article covers everything with moderator team interaction, including response times.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Djsherman1983
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

@Djsherman1983 wrote:

Every time I try to places call. A recording comes on telling my, it’s long distance and I don’t have a long distance add on. If someone tries calling me, it goes to voicemail. I have unlimited Provience wide calling. The numbers I’m calling are local or toll free. I’ve message support many times. They haven’t answered. I’ve reset my phone. I’ve removed the SIM card. I’ve been trying to get help for almost 24 hours. I’m going to go crazy!

Unless there's a reason to think that they haven't received your message, mesaaging support "many times" is only going to slow things down.  One of the key things to understand about Public Mobile support is that it is not supplied in real-time.

Something needs to be reset on your account, especially since incominng calls are going to voicemail.  Some people have reported that doing things such as reporting your phone as lost and then as found again sometimes does something on their end.

Need Help? Let's chat.