cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make long distance calls

bev01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have nation wide talk, just checked my plan to make sure, but it won't let me call BC...did BC leave Canada behind my back? Says I don't have an add-on? I are confused! Help please.

4 REPLIES 4

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @bev01,

thanks for taking the time to post on our community !

I'm really sorry to hear about your outgoing calling issues despite having Canada wide talk. As explained by @will13am, some phone numbers may not properly be configured in your profile which causes this problem. If - even after trying to call while using a 1 in the front and power cycling your phone - the outgoing call does not work, please don't hesitate to send us a private message. We will be able to better assist you and look for a root cause and resolution 🙂

Let's keep the conversation going,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Please note that their hours of Operation are 7 days a week, from

• Mon-Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

By the way, when making a long distance call, make sure you have the right prefix. Unfortunately, BC has a lot of new prefixes:

This is a list of area codes in the province of British Columbia:

• 604: BC's original area code. Covers the City of Vancouver, the Lower Mainland, Sunshine Coast, Howe Sound and lower Fraser Valley.
  • 250: Split in 1996 from 604. Serves most of British Columbia including Vancouver Island.
  • 778: Created in 2001 as an overlay for Vancouver and the lower Fraser Valley in 2001. Extended to the entire province in 2007.
  • 236: Created in 2001 (Effective 2013), overlays onto all of BC
  • 672: Future area code for all of British Columbia, as an overlay for 778 and 236. Set to be released in May 2019.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Sometimes when an account is set up there are glitches in loading the calling profile which leaves certain area codes out as part of the included calling function.  This was how the problem was explained to me.  Try using 1 and +1 prefix as suggested.  Failing that, get the moderator team to investigate the calling issue.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@bev01 I just peaked outside and it looks like BC is still attached to Canada 🙂

Have you tried dialing 1 in front of a number? Can you make a phone call anywhere else outside of your home province?

Need Help? Let's chat.