cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make local calls

ICJ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have unlimited provincial wide calling and cannot make a call after renewing my 3 month plan. It states that the call is a long distance call when it is not. It says the call is not covered in my plan, my plan has not changed in regards to calling and the number I am trying to call, I frequently have called for the first 3 months.

6 REPLIES 6

ICJ

Thanks for all of your help everyone. The problem was resolved, however, I do not know how. One of the moderators went into my account and fixed the issue. 

Thanks, Ilon C J

henrik

Hi ICJ,

Would you happen to be calling the same number BUT this time you are physically located at another province.  (ie. your 416 number calling another 416 in toronto but you are now located in Quebec).

I believe a call is considered local if the number you are calling is in the same georgraphical area that you are (ie. a 416 number in Quebec calling another Quebec number is considered local).  However a 416 number in Quebec callnig another 416 number is considered long distance.

Hope this helps

@ICJ wrote:

it automatically puts a 1 in front of it. Same number i've called before many a times. Messaged the mods, thanks.

@ICJ  You've likely missed them for this evening Robot Sad , so you're stuck with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi; if you use gmail, perhaps Hangouts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ICJ

it automatically puts a 1 in front of it. Same number i've called before many a times. Messaged the mods, thanks.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ICJ, would this call be long distance if you were calling from a land line?  If it is within the province just put 1 in front fo the area code and it should work.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It looks like your going to have to contact the mods. Use this link and send them a message explaining that your calling isn't working. Include your email address and phone number. They should be able to help you fix things up.

Need Help? Let's chat.