cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls

aztec
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.

I cant make any outgoing calls from my phone anymore. I signed up with PM about 1 month ago. Anytime i try to make a call I hear an automated message saying... I don't have an long distance add-on....

But I'm not making any long distance calls. All the calls I'm trying  make are in the GTA, one in Richmond Hill. I'm in Barrie. My phone number has a 416 area code... I'm trying to call a 647, 905 and 416 number and none of them work. Same message... I don't have an active long distance add-on. 

I'm on the $15 plan and I haven't used all my 100 minutes. 

Does anyone know why I can't make calls or how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@aztec you can also dial 611 to see how many minutes you have remaining. calling your voicemail uses outgoing call minutes. there is a $5 500 Canada wide add-on with unused minutes rollover.

think about downloading google dialer app to check your voicemail messages. you can make outgoing calls using wifi and your number. your plan minutes will not be used.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@aztec dial 1 in front of the number if you have minutes. Also put it on all of your contacts. And you can add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter it followed by #  - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try dialing 1 before the area code.  Also try rebooting your phone.  What type of plan do you have ?  If you have limited minutes then you may have depleted your minutes.  Check your self serve account.  You could purchase an add-on.

500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes $5

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@aztec hi it sounds like you used all your minutes check in your self serve in data and add ons if there are no minutes showing than they are all used up, you can purchase 500 minutes for 5 dollars it rolls over until all used 

Need Help? Let's chat.