cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make a phone call.

Jethro82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I try to call my *local* pharmacy I get a message from public mobile that talk is not included in my plan.  My plan has 100 minutes of outgoing talk.  When I log in the self serve page clearly states I have used exactly forty of those.  Not that it matters but before I switched over to this plan I made sure that people with limited talk could use long distance add ons as additional talk by looking at forum discussions about it - I have 500 minutes of unused Canada wide long distance.  I suspect that since my plan is relatively new, I might have used 10 minutes of incoming calls and the only option the computers have been set up to deal with is the 50 minute total plan.  Any help here would be wonderful.

12 REPLIES 12

@Jethro82  That would do it. Smiley Happy

Jethro82

I think I found the problem, when I programmed the number into my phone there I put 5 5's in a row, while the actual number has four.  With an 11 digit number starting with 2 public mobile must have thought I was trying to make an international call.  That was not at all clear from the message they gave me.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jethro82 wrote:

When I try to call my *local* pharmacy I get a message from public mobile that talk is not included in my plan.  My plan has 100 minutes of outgoing talk.  When I log in the self serve page clearly states I have used exactly forty of those.  Not that it matters but before I switched over to this plan I made sure that people with limited talk could use long distance add ons as additional talk by looking at forum discussions about it - I have 500 minutes of unused Canada wide long distance.  I suspect that since my plan is relatively new, I might have used 10 minutes of incoming calls and the only option the computers have been set up to deal with is the 50 minute total plan.  Any help here would be wonderful.

@Jethro82  Have you tried making a call to another number and see if it works? If yes, then maybe the local pharmacy number is incorrect or not in service anymore?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jethro82 

Your account may not be provisioned correctly.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Have you heard of the lost phone trick? That can sometimes jumpstart your account also. Not sure if it will work in this situation. I have the steps if you want to try it.

The only otherthing I can think of is shutting down the phone, removing the sim for a minute, Putting it back in and see if it reconnects to the network? Maybe someone else has some ideas also.

Jethro82

yes, it does.

On the overview page, right under the Available Funds box. Should say Account Status: Active.

Jethro82

where would it say that.... I see nothing indicating my account is inactive

In self service, does it say your account is active?

Jethro82

sadly this did not work.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

This has happened to others before and was cured by just restarting the phone. Try that first.

Need Help? Let's chat.