cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Mayor / Maire

Re: Can't get internet to work


@Jackiefargo wrote:

 Some of your info was different than what others have posted so I changed it.

 

Internet actually works! Thank you!


Yes. As geopublic said, all you needed was the right apn type settings. Those other numbers that you had can also work. But glad you got it going.

 

 @will13am: meh...can't be bothered Smiley Happy It's the 'wifes' phone..ie. a 2nd line...basically for mobile hotspot with that 5gb promo data...which I'm running on the Z30 and even currently the Z10. I'm experiencing some wifi dropouts that I'm trying to nail down the actual problem. Not yet certain if it's the S7 or the BB. With the Z30, the wifi seems to drop on it. With the Z10, the wifi seems to drop on the S7. So it's confusing. I'll also be trying on a Windows Phone eventually.

Oracle

Re: Can't get internet to work


@z10user4 wrote:

@Jackiefargo wrote:

 Some of your info was different than what others have posted so I changed it.

 

Internet actually works! Thank you!


Yes. As geopublic said, all you needed was the right apn type settings. Those other numbers that you had can also work. But glad you got it going.

 

 @will13am: meh...can't be bothered Smiley Happy It's the 'wifes' phone..ie. a 2nd line...basically for mobile hotspot with that 5gb promo data...which I'm running on the Z30 and even currently the Z10. I'm experiencing some wifi dropouts that I'm trying to nail down the actual problem. Not yet certain if it's the S7 or the BB. With the Z30, the wifi seems to drop on it. With the Z10, the wifi seems to drop on the S7. So it's confusing. I'll also be trying on a Windows Phone eventually.


Time to go with current hardware and recycle the heavily dated phones.  

Mayor / Maire

Re: Can't get internet to work


@will13am wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Jackiefargo wrote:

 Some of your info was different than what others have posted so I changed it.

 

Internet actually works! Thank you!


Yes. As geopublic said, all you needed was the right apn type settings. Those other numbers that you had can also work. But glad you got it going.

 

 @will13am: meh...can't be bothered Smiley Happy It's the 'wifes' phone..ie. a 2nd line...basically for mobile hotspot with that 5gb promo data...which I'm running on the Z30 and even currently the Z10. I'm experiencing some wifi dropouts that I'm trying to nail down the actual problem. Not yet certain if it's the S7 or the BB. With the Z30, the wifi seems to drop on it. With the Z10, the wifi seems to drop on the S7. So it's confusing. I'll also be trying on a Windows Phone eventually.


Time to go with current hardware and recycle the heavily dated phones.  


Well...the S7 isn't antique yet. It's running 8 as well. I think the wifi problem is the S7 as I used to use the Z10 extensively as a hotspot connecting to a laptop and no drop outs that I noticed. I only revived it wondering if the problem was the Z30. And then I'll try the Windows Phone. It's just for hotspot so I don't care about apps and such in this use.

I will admit that the availability of modern, working, updated, non-runtime-OS4 apps in the Android world have been very nice. I don't do no stinkin' tree fruit brands. Smiley Happy

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Can't get internet to work

Hi,

My problem is somewhat the same but not andriod based.

I use an old Nokia flipphone   (because I want to).

When I try to get on the internet my phone says "subscribe to packet data first".

I had this same prob before with Telus but their girls in customer service were able to cure it.

If I put my PM sim card in my i5s I can create a hotspot.

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks

Mayor / Maire

Re: Can't get internet to work


@Oreck wrote:

Hi,

My problem is somewhat the same but not andriod based.

I use an old Nokia flipphone   (because I want to).

When I try to get on the internet my phone says "subscribe to packet data first".

I had this same prob before with Telus but their girls in customer service were able to cure it.

If I put my PM sim card in my i5s I can create a hotspot.

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks


@Oreck your Nokia probably doesn't know how to auto-configure it's APN for Public Mobile.  If you post your model number here, maybe someone can help dig up some directions for setting the APN.


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.