cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t connect to internet

SharonZhao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This morning can’t connect to internet when I shut off the wifi mode and use the LTE. Anything wrong with the PM data connection?

7 REPLIES 7

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @will13am,

I wasn't suggesting to do a factory reset, just a hard reboot (i.e. take out the battery and put it back in, if the device has a removable battery), I probably should have used maybe a better term than "hard reset". 

I agree, a factory reset should always be the last resort due to what you mentioned, as well as the possibility that everything may not have been backed up and all that data (i.e. contacts, pictures, etc.) could be lost for good.

@dna2016 wrote:

Hi @SharonZhao

You might want to do a hard reset by taking out the battery and putting it back in after about 10 seconds.  If that doesn't work then go online and check to see if your data allowance has been used up.  Also consider checking your phone settings, did you do any type of factory reset or software update recently, that could have reset your APN settings.  If so then you can follow the steps below.  Hopefully these suggestions and the suggestions from @Mana and @mimmo helps.  If not then definitely reach out to @CS_Agent.

How do I set up data/APN on my smartphone?
In this page, you will find Public Mobile APN Settings for your smartphone.

Step by Step APN configuration

Step1:

Android

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Blackberry

OS 10 - Settings > Network and Connections > Mobile Network > Tap the settings icon (dented wheel)

Step 2:

You will need to input the following information:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network

Please don't suggest hard resets so easily.  This wipes everything and can be a nightmare for many to set up the phone again.  

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @SharonZhao

You might want to do a hard reset by taking out the battery and putting it back in after about 10 seconds.  If that doesn't work then go online and check to see if your data allowance has been used up.  Also consider checking your phone settings, did you do any type of factory reset or software update recently, that could have reset your APN settings.  If so then you can follow the steps below.  Hopefully these suggestions and the suggestions from @Mana and @mimmo helps.  If not then definitely reach out to @CS_Agent.

How do I set up data/APN on my smartphone?
In this page, you will find Public Mobile APN Settings for your smartphone.

Step by Step APN configuration

Step1:

Android

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Blackberry

OS 10 - Settings > Network and Connections > Mobile Network > Tap the settings icon (dented wheel)

Step 2:

You will need to input the following information:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

Step 3:

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Check that mobile data is enabled.  Just the other day, a friend said the same thing to me, my data suddenly stopped working, what could be wrong.  I suggested checking that first.   Mobile data was turned off.  Not going to judge how or why, but sometimes settings can be errantly set.  

Failing this, check the account to make sure the data allotment has not been used up.  After that, maybe check APN.

In addition to what @mimmo suggested, please check your signal. 

Try enabling and disabling airplane mode to refresh your signal. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

reboot phone? is data used up?  does the addon sho up in your selfserve?  are you on a 3g plan that just renewed?

SharonZhao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This morning, it cannot be connected to internet when I shut off the wifi mode? Is it PM network down?

Need Help? Let's chat.