cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change plan when on autonoay

rigby99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried changing my plan, but it tells me I don’t have enough funds in my account. I am on auto pay, so there are no funds in my account.

5 REPLIES 5

rigby99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone who replied. I saw at the bottom of the change plan request, there was a option to renew at my next invoice date. I selected that, and it changed.

Appreciate the help!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@rigby99 you have to have available funds on your account to do so. Therefore, do a manual payment equals to the new plan cost + 1$ extra.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@rigby99 changing plans is a 2 step process add the funds then switch the plan. Its recommended that you switch at next renewal., since switching immediately loses whatever you paid onthe old plan and you are immediately charged for the full cost of the new plan. Here's an article on switching plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan 

And here's how to do it. 20200416_143943.jpg

Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rigby99 wrote:

I tried changing my plan, but it tells me I don’t have enough funds in my account. I am on auto pay, so there are no funds in my account.

Autopay is only used for renewals if insufficient funds in Available Funds to cover the plan cost.

If you want to change plan immediately then you'll need to deposit money into your Available Funds and then change plan. Keep in mind though that there are no pro-rated refunds for unused pre-paid days. Therefore it is always suggested to set your plan change for your next renewal.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20200418-193411-01.jpeg

@rigby99  click make a payment and manually add funds for the amount of the plan you would like to change too, then change the plan. if you decide to change immediately you will lose out on any data you currently have

Need Help? Let's chat.