Did you mean: 

Can't call

JusticenAlex
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased $60.00 worth of top up and my phone still doesn't receive calls

8 REPLIES 8

@JusticenAlex wrote:

If you're possibly on an older plan such as the $10 plan (or any older plan that doesn't have unlimited incoming calls), topping up doesn't make calling work again. The plan would have to be renewed early by asking the moderators, an immediate plan change to a different plan made, or the $5 add-on for 500 minutes would need to be purchased.

loganjmenzies
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi there, you could potentially try taking the SIM card out and re inserting, and restart your device

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@JusticenAlex wrote:

Hi @JusticenAlex Go to your self serve account https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

check your Available Funds.  Do you see $60 there?  If the funds are there, it could mean that your activation failed.  Contact the moderators to fix this for you.

If there are no available funds and you account is Active.  It could be that you are porting your number and porting is not complete.  Call the Porting Team at *****

• Keep the old account's device on with the SIM card inside to receive the validation message. If that’s not possible, please ensure you can access the SIM from a different device.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders.

Welcome to Public Mobile

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JusticenAlex , i realize you are not buying an add-on (as my last post, sorry).

Have you just ported?

If you just ported your phone number from another cell provider it could take a few hours to complete the port. Using the other cell provider's SIM you should be still receiving calls on it, until the port completes.

If you ported from a landline it could take up to 7 days to complete.

Make sure you do not cancel your previous provider's services until the port is complete.

If having difficulty porting "Please call our Porting Team at ***** to authorize your number transfer".

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@JusticenAlex  To be safe, login to your account, click Change SIM and see if the last four digits match those on your actual SIM card. Let us know.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JusticenAlex wrote:

Hi @JusticenAlex ,

Purchasing an Add-On:

Note that purchasing an add-on is a two step process.

You should be able to use it instantly.

1-First you need to add the $ to your account and

2-then add the add-on to your account.

Don't forget to restart your phone.

*You can make the purchase via self serve account or by calling 611 on your phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Does your plan show as active? 

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JusticenAlex wrote:

@JusticenAlex hi was your account suspended if so there should be a reactivate button in your self serve account or dial *611

Need Help? Let's chat.