cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call to US even if I have 400 minutes left in my plan

Gigitos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I have Canada and US phone calls in my plan and I can't call to the US. 

I tried the number ... a 1 before the number ...  NOTHING!

the message says that I don't have long distance calls on my plan 

6 REPLIES 6

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Gigitos purchasing an add on is a 2 step process. 

• top up account
  • apply add on

check to see if you have available funds in your account. if so, go back and reapply the add-on.

Screenshot_20200418-193411-01.jpeg

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Gigitos wrote:

Hello, 

I have Canada and US phone calls in my plan and I can't call to the US. 

I tried the number ... a 1 before the number ...  NOTHING!

the message says that I don't have long distance calls on my plan 

@Gigitos  You need to have an active calling plan in order to use your add-on minutes. If you have an active calling plan, then double check the number to make sure it's correct or try calling another US number to see if it works. If it does, then the problem is related to the number you are trying to call.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Gigitos try using voip apps such as TextNow, and Google hangouts and Google dialer combined to make/ receive/ send calls and texts over WiFi within Canada and to the US for free,

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GigitosLogon on your account to make sure your minutes were not consumed inadvertently.

Confirm you are dialing the number correctly. Manually enter it into your phone dialer
'1 + area code + 7 digit phone number'

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Gigitos 

Is it all USA numbers that you can't call?  

Or a specific area code? 

Public mobile does not offer long distance service to certain area codes.

edit:

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gigitos 

1.  Restart your phone and let PM SIM card configure your phone and try calling US again.

2.  Your account may not been provisioned correctly.  Adding $1 may trigger PM server to provision your account again.

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.