cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call local numbers - "No Long distance add-on message"

ShacharWeis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Starting yesterday I can't make any calls on one of the three lines that I own. 

This is my plan:

100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes

Any number I try to call, local or otherwise, gets an error message saying that I don't have a long distance addon. Looking at the usage log for the past 30 days, there were 32 minutes outgoing calls and 72 minutes incoming. It seems that it's erroneously grouping together outgoing and incoming, despite having "unlimited incoming" in my plan.

What do I do now?

24 REPLIES 24

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lenio   What plan are you on? 

Your can try adding +1 in front of all your calling, even local numbers.  Also try restarting your phone.

Lenio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same issue here!

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@CannonFodder @dabr FYI: in this situation another customer forgot to scroll through all the pages of usage, and did discover 100 minutes usage. Calls to voicemail are shown in the usage record.

Yeah, I saw that thread yesterday.... it's actually pretty easy to overlook the other pages of usage.

@Luddite& @CannonFodder  Yes it's very easy to overlook how the minutes might have been consumed, but I would add it's partly because PM's usage history isn't very user friendly either.  I think there would be less confusion from customers if PM ever decided to update it so that all usage could be easily viewed. 

I was also hoping that OP would eventually post an update, but maybe they haven't received a satisfactory answer yet...

@Luddite wrote:

@CannonFodder @dabr FYI: in this situation another customer forgot to scroll through all the pages of usage, and did discover 100 minutes usage. Calls to voicemail are shown in the usage record.

Yeah, I saw that thread yesterday.... it's actually pretty easy to overlook the other pages of usage.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ShacharWeis  Let us know how this ends up getting fixed.....

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best to contact a moderator to reverse this issue and restore the correct usage minutes. Click ?, bottom right, and follow instructions to submit a ticket. Moderator wait times can be  within a few hours or sooner, or within the day, from my experience.

Aakash1703
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Try to check your online self serve account! It might be lack of balance. It might happen when you recharge it and it do not go through properly.

@ShacharWeis wrote:

I mentioned this before, all calls were inin Ontario. 

Thanks for clarifying, sometimes information gets missed when there's been a lot of responses:)

ShacharWeis

I mentioned this before, all calls were inin Ontario. 

@pmmobile wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@pmmobile wrote:

@ShacharWeis  Considering your usage log only contains 32 minutes outoing: a) issue network coutning minutes, b) the number you're calling is not a Canadian number, or c) Canadian number roaming outside of Canada and carrier is making you play the LD minutes?

Best to contact the moderators directly with this link (if not already done): 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@pmmobile  PM is prepaid and all current plans have Canada wide calling, barring the data only plan.  PM doesn't have any roaming or overage charges as you will only get to use what your have already paid for here.

@dabr  Thanks, please let me rephrase: if c) is the scenario, which is odd, that the caller is forced to pay for LD when calling a Canadian number that @ShacharWeis is calling, is roaming outside of Canada, and @ShacharWeis  does not have a LD add-on to outside of Canada, then it could explain why he cannot make the call and of course will not be charged by PM. This could be a possible (but unlikely scenario) with some of the various prepaid providers these days?

@pmmobile  Good point and  yes you're right @ShacharWeis  didn't actually say if he was calling LD internationally and maybe he can clarify if all calling was within Canada.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr wrote:

@pmmobile wrote:

@ShacharWeis  Considering your usage log only contains 32 minutes outoing: a) issue network coutning minutes, b) the number you're calling is not a Canadian number, or c) Canadian number roaming outside of Canada and carrier is making you play the LD minutes?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@pmmobile  PM is prepaid and all current plans have Canada wide calling, barring the data only plan.  PM doesn't have any roaming or overage charges as you will only get to use what your have already paid for here.

@dabr  Thanks, please let me rephrase: if c) is the scenario, which is odd, that the caller is forced to pay for LD when calling a Canadian number that @ShacharWeis is calling, is roaming outside of Canada, and @ShacharWeis  does not have a LD add-on to outside of Canada, then it could explain why he cannot make the call and of course will not be charged by PM. This could be a possible (but unlikely scenario) with some of the various prepaid providers these days?

@pmmobile wrote:

ShacharWeis

All calls are in-province. 

It just seems that the "unlimited incoming" part of my plan was ignored. I've messaged the mods. Thanks

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@ShacharWeis wrote:

This is my plan:

Any number I try to call, local or otherwise, gets an error message saying that I don't have a long distance addon. Looking at the usage log for the past 30 days, there were 32 minutes outgoing calls and 72 minutes incoming. It seems that it's erroneously grouping together outgoing and incoming, despite having "unlimited incoming" in my plan.

What do I do now?

@dabr 

Thanks for pointing that out

I can't scroll unless I quote it.

@ShacharWeis forget about that old planned mentioned.

If the sim card was only in that phone and especially if your selfserve history says same/similar, then the counter must be wrong

Then you will need to contact moderators by clicking on the little question mark

@ShacharWeis wrote:

Yes, it seems my minutes are all gone.

This is an error, the usage log is very clear. There were exactly two calls in the past 30 days. Outgoing call for 32 minutes and incoming for 72 minutes. 

Incoming should be unlimited, so this is an error. 

I went through the virtual assistant until I got to the option of opening a ticket, and the link gave me a 404 error. 

You can also send moderators a private message via the envelope icon top right of the screen next to your avatar. Address the message to Moderator_Team.

It is suggested the response time to hear back this way can be a little longer than submitting a ticket via the chatbot.

ShacharWeis

Yes, it seems my minutes are all gone.

This is an error, the usage log is very clear. There were exactly two calls in the past 30 days. Outgoing call for 32 minutes and incoming for 72 minutes. 

Incoming should be unlimited, so this is an error. 

I went through the virtual assistant until I got to the option of opening a ticket, and the link gave me a 404 error. 

@kselmak wrote:

Is that the phone usage log or selfserve usage log?

Was the sim used in another phone?

When did you get the plan?

I can't see the whole line is it 100 Canada talk+ unlimited text?

That is an old plan that doesn't include unlimited incoming. You must switch to the new 15 plan manually.

@kselmak   I see 100 outgoing mins + unlimited incoming, sounds like OP has the newer version of the $15 plan.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Is that the phone usage log or selfserve usage log?

Was the sim used in another phone?

When did you get the plan?

I can't see the whole line is it 100 Canada talk+ unlimited text?

That is an old plan that doesn't include unlimited incoming. You must switch to the new 15 plan manually.

In a meantime you can either but add-on for talk, or you can use fongo/TextNow. If you would prefer to switch to 15 plan immediately, you have that option too, but you will lose the service that though paid for by the end of the cycle

@ShacharWeis   Another thing to keep in mind is that your minutes are all round up to the nearest mins, so a call lasting one minute and 10 seconds would use up 2 mins of your 100 plan mins. 

@CannonFodder  users sometimes mistake the number of mins they've used, so we don't know for sure until we get a more detailed usage report.  

@dabr wrote:

@ShacharWeis wrote:

This is my plan:

What do I do now?

You need to sign into your account and on the overview page, halfway down under 'my add-ons' if the 100 mins line is missing then you have fully consumed your plan minutes and that may be the reason why you cannot make any further calls.  You can add the $5/500 Canada wide mins to your plan, these mins will only be consumed when you've used up your plan mins and any remaining minutes will roll over every month until fully consumed.

Also if you have been checking voicemail, that will also consume your plan minuttes.

But @dabr , the OP DID say the part in bold above, so how could the 100 mins. outgoing calls have been consumed if the usage log shows only 32 minutes usage? Only way I see it, is if, as you said, the OP didn't realize voicemail checking counts as outgoing minutes.....

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ShacharWeis wrote:

This is my plan:

What do I do now?

@ShacharWeis  When you access your selfserve on the first page does it show your minutes counter? If not, that means you have used up your outgoing minute allotment. Best to purchase the 500 minute add-on for $5.00.

The minute counter is very accurate but if you think that there was an error then submit a ticke to PM.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ShacharWeis wrote:

This is my plan:

What do I do now?

You need to sign into your account and on the overview page, halfway down under 'my add-ons' if the 100 mins line is missing then you have fully consumed your plan minutes and that may be the reason why you cannot make any further calls.  You can add the $5/500 Canada wide mins to your plan, these mins will only be consumed when you've used up your plan mins and any remaining minutes will roll over every month until fully consumed.

Also if you have been checking voicemail, that will also consume your plan minuttes.

Need Help? Let's chat.